Inside Sales Representative -Building Materials
Huttig Building Products, Inc. Tigard, OR
- Expired: 25 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Huttig is one of nation's largest wholesale distributors of specialty building products and millwork for light commercial, residential construction and remodeling. With a vast selection of some of the industry's top building products and millwork- including doors, windows, columns, decking, and more- we provide our dealers with top-of-the-line products from the best supplier brands in the country.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to join our Sales team. We offer a competitive salary with annual compensation reviews, affordable high-quality healthcare, company paid holidays and vacation, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and career advancement opportunities.POSITION SUMMARY
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for selling and promoting building material and other products through key dealers and builders at sales office, store, showroom, or customer's place of business.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with customers to convert inbound inquiries into actual sales.
- Overcome technical and business objections for prospective customers.
- Emphasize salable features, quotes prices, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer based on product knowledge, order processing, production and delivery schedules.
- Prepare reports of business transactions.
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Comply with required company policies and procedures.
- Communicate with buyers on product shortages or quality issues.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Associates degree from two-year college or technical school combined.
- 3 to 5 years related industry experience and/or training.
- Intermediate or advanced experience using Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel). Trend knowledge is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Must exhibit customer service skills and the ability to develop relationships over the phone.
- Ability to apply concepts such as discounts, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant, and peripheral vision in addition to depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Proper safety equipment such as protective eyewear, earplugs, and steel toe shoes may be required.
Bilingual candidates, veterans, and women are encouraged to apply.
Huttig maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Huttig Building Products, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Huttig Building Products, Inc.