Class A Commercial Truck Driver- 14626
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Huttig Building Products is seeking an experienced CDL driver to join our delivery team. Huttig has been one of nation's largest wholesale distributors of specialty building products and millwork for over 133 years. With a vast selection of some of the industry's top building products and millwork- including doors, windows, columns, decking, and more- we provide our dealers with top-of-the-line products from the best supplier brands in the country.
Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering products to its customers by operating a tractor trailer vehicle. As the first point of contact for our clients, Truck Drivers are courteous, knowledgeable, and equipped to provide an exceptional customer experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package and bonus opportunity
- Career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance with Plan Options
- Paid time-off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate tractor-trailer truck according to training, safety, and regulatory guidelines.
- Promptly unload and deliver Huttig products to its customers.
- Maintain truck log according to company, state, and federal regulations.
- Ensure cleanliness and routinely inspect truck equipment and supplies (tires installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs).
- Maintain cargo and driver safety by securing positioning blocks and ropes around cargo during transit.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 months' of experience and/or training operating a vehicle that requires a Class A CDL license
Certificates, Licenses or Other Requirements
- Valid CDL Class A driver's license in the state of residence
- Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card
- Forklift certification a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Operate a tractor trailer with the capacity of more than 3 tons and between 24 ft. and 53 ft. long
- Exceptional finger and manual dexterity
- Ability to frequently lift and/or push up to 85-100 pounds
- Ability to bend, crouch, stand, and sit for long durations
- Work regularly near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- Use safety equipment such as protective eyewear, earplugs, gloves, safety shoes etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Home every afternoon
- Southern Oregon and Northern California
Check out what our employees have to say about their career at Huttig!
Huttig Building Products maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Huttig Building Products, Inc.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Huttig Building Products, Inc.