Ag Equipment Mechanic / Technician
Hutson, Inc Chandler, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
This Technician will perform basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned large agricultural equipment. The Level 2 Technician is categorized as such because he/she has learned the basic skill sets to grow into a successful and competent technician. Their purpose is to continue learning the business and gain the knowledge and experience necessary to work within the framework of the Hutson Service Business Model.Responsibilities
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products.
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- Support management in the pursuit of corporate policies, plans, goals, and long-term objectives.
- Greater than 2 years experience required and working to complete John Deere Silver Certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to work individually or with a team.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Forklift Certification.
- Respirator Certification.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Repetitive Motions, Crawling, Pushing, and Pulling.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (includes inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
AgricultureView all jobs at Hutson, Inc