Hutco inc. Norfolk, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $32 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental
Position: EHS Representative
Job Location: Norfolk, VA
Hutco Branch: Newport News
Rate of Pay: $32/hr
If you are an outstanding employee looking for a phenomenal company with excellent job opportunities, then look no more! We are the company for you! Our team is dedicated to placing hard workers in the best positions we have to offer! We are currently seeking EHS Representative to work in Virginia. With minimum supervision, the Health & Safety (HS) Inspector should be able to provide Health and Safety guidance and support to the workforce. Ensures that the Company maintains compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Typically has a High School diploma or GED; with typical 4years of directly related experience or AS Degree in related EHS field.
- Must have some working knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health (OSHA) 1915 and 1910.
- A minimum of three years of experience performing the duties of a Safety Inspector.
- A minimum of three years of full-time experience directly related to safety enforcement and related duties comparable to a Safety Inspector in industrial or commercial plants and/or construction sites.
- Continuing education in approved Health and Safety related courses towards a Professional Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Must have, or be able to complete and pass, courses including 1) OSHA 3095, 2) OSHA 5410, and 3) Shipyard Competent Person.
- Must have a current green badge government security pass (DBIDS)
- OSHA 10 Maritime & Firewatch Training & WAF
- Must be able to pass a seven-year background check w/ No Felonies
- Must pass drug test & E-Verify.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
Hard Hat, Steel Toe Safety Boots, Safety Glasses, Gloves
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Learn safety codes and standards, accident prevention principles, and their application to industrial operations; to learn techniques of making field inspections, conducting investigations, and identifying hazards; and other relevant skills.
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned areas ensuring that all operations (including those of Sub-Contractors) are in compliance with Federal, State and local regulations
- and NASSCO Health and Safety policies and procedures; identify health and safety hazards or deficiencies and initiates corrective action through production supervision.
- Prepare written reports on inspections, accident investigations, statistical information on injuries and illnesses, employee complaints or concerns.
- Review current literature and trade publications in order to remain current regarding all OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards and regulations.
- Establish a close working relationship and communicate with department/ship manager on a regular basis.
- Able to identify/locate various compartments on board vessels.
- Must be able to gain access to government facilities.
- Must have current driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in English in both oral and written applications in order to successfully interact with management and employees.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Conducts shipboard safety walk thru inspections for on- and off-site vessels as required daily.
- Safety walks of the facility grounds to ensure compliance of environmental and safety hazards.
- Inspects and maintains fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, and ear plug dispensing stations.
- Maintains MSDS/SDS sheets for contract availabilities in progress.
- Maintains lab analysis of paint and installation samples per assigned availabilities
- Conduct breathing air surveillances.
- Inspect scaffolding systems daily prior to commencement of work.
- Conduct Grade D breathing air test.
- Conduct Industrial lift Equipment spot checks for licenses and ODCL (Operator Daily Check List) completion.
- Helps create and edit new work instructions, procedures or training materials and participates in training events (leading and attending).
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
· Medical / Prescription
· Dental Coverage
· Vision Coverage
· Short Term Disability Benefits
· Term Life Benefits
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online or at the Newport News Branch:
813 Diligence Dr. Suite 121 A
Newport News Virginia, 23606
Send resumes to email@example.com
Or call us at (757) 223-7680
Contact: Vernita Rigsby
Hutco, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Whether you need to find a job or build a crew, rely on Hutco to customize a work solution for you.
Hutco inc.Why Work Here?
Growing Business, Family Oriented!
Hutco has been placing skilled Marine/Industrial craftsmen into contract and direct hire jobs since 1986. We are experts in industrial trades and we understand our employee and customer needs inside and out. Whether you need to find a job or build a crew, rely on Hutco to customize a work solution for you.