Newton Center Secretary/Receptionist (STF3194)
Hutchinson Community College Newton, KS
- Posted: over a month ago
The Newton Center Secretary/Receptionist provides support and assists with processes at Newton Center front desk. The primary working hours are afternoon and evening with daytime hours as scheduled between semesters.
Essential Functions –
- Provide quality customer service and support for students, customers, faculty and staff. Secure and close the Newton Center as schedule.
- Process student enrollment through the Newton Center.
- Coordinate schedules and assist with supervision of work study students and enrollment clerks; delegating responsibilities as appropriate
- Coordinate and process book sales and HutchCC merchandise sales/rentals through the Newton Campus Store and maintain daily functions.
- Support Early College initiatives, working closely with the Outreach Specialist, high school partners, and other Outreach staff as needed.
- Partner with the McPherson Center staff to support instructors and courses, including assisting with the delivery of ITV (Zoom) course offerings including technical assistance as needed.
- Assist with marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, brochures/flyers, bulletin boards, displays, mailings, and social media/website
- Assist with the coordination of events, publications, correspondence and recording/distributing minutes through the Newton Center.
- Assist with faculty evaluation process, ordering and distributing course materials and classroom support, as needed.
- Provide support to the Newton Center – Including, but not limited to front desk management, processing purchase orders, assistance with input of course and student data, provide proctoring services and scheduling appointments. Assist and support HutchCC partners, including EMT/Paramedic, Workforce Development Representatives and Adult Basic Education staff, other partners utilizing the Newton Center.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of your position.
- Serve actively on campus committees
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director of Outreach.
- Travel to other HutchCC locations as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; associate degree preferred.
- The ability to practice customer service, maintain confidentially, and work independently in a student-centered environment.
- The ability to work as a member of a team to support the Newton Center.
- Professional phone and receptionist skills required.
- Excellent keyboarding skills and experience with MS Office required.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with a diverse population.
- Physical requirements: Excellent verbal, written and listening skills; must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer, and to operate additional office equipment; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; use appropriate judgment and to apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; attentive to detail, accurately follow written and verbal instructions, work independently; sedentary/Indoor work environment with a substantial amount of keyboarding required –
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
HOURLY WAGE and STATUS:
The hourly rate of pay is commensurate with qualifications as determined by HutchCC administration. This full-time support staff position is 12 months annual, benefit eligible, at-will, and nonexempt.
Hutchinson Community College
BusinessView all jobs at Hutchinson Community College