Campus Store Clerk - Central Supply Buyer/Sales Clerk (STF2879)
- Posted: over a month ago
Essential Functions –
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform Central Supply ordering, receiving, and distribution duties.
- Maintain appropriate back stock for Central Supply.
- Process orders accurately, ensure product arrival, correctly price and charge departments for merchandise.
- Operate cash register, successfully perform the opening and closing process, complete daily reports, and accurately perform sales.
- Must be knowledgeable about the different refund policies, have the ability to locate and help customers find textbooks, and must also be familiar with the rental program that is offered.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons while shopping in the store.
- Understand the need to appropriately charge necessary textbooks and supplies to students on financial aid, payment plans, or various book scholarships while working at the register.
- Train student workers on front desk duties and cash register operations.
- Assist as needed with textbook adoptions and ordering.
- Assist as needed with ebook adoptions and course textbook changes.
- Assist with buyback at the end of each semester and rush at the beginning of each new semester, realizing that extended hours will be required during these periods.
- Assist with year-end inventory that is held once a year.
- Some evening and weekend hours are expected during certain times of the year to operate the Blue Dragon Shop that is located at the Sports Arena and Gowans Stadium.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Campus Store Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate Degree preferred.
- Retail experience is recommended.
- Accounting/book keeping experience preferred.
- The ability to make mathematical computations and tabulations accurately and with reasonable speed is required.
- The ability to work effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, supervisors, and others.
- The ability to work independently while also understanding the importance of TEAM participation is required.
- The ability to use various office software products is required.
- The ability to operate a computer, calculator, and electronic cash register is required.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and various situations in a calm professional manner is required.
- Proficient telephone skills required.
- Demonstration of successful problem-solving skills.
- Physical requirements include the ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 70 pounds, with the need to bend, stoop, carry, push, and pull; effective oral and written communication skills are required; Excellent verbal, written and listening skills; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer, and to operate additional office equipment; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; use appropriate judgment and to apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; attentive to detail, accurately follow written and verbal instructions, work independently; sedentary/Indoor work environment with a substantial amount of keyboarding required – Successful completion of a physical capacity test required.
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
WAGE and STATUS:
The hourly rate of pay is commensurate with qualifications as determined by HutchCC administration. This full-time support staff position is 12- months annual, 40 hour work week, benefit eligible, nonexempt, and at-will.
Hutchinson Community College
RetailView all jobs at Hutchinson Community College