Biology Instructor - Outreach (FAC3107) Reissue
- Posted: 1 day ago
Essential Functions –
- Instruct courses in biological sciences (general biology, microbiology, human anatomy and physiology). Assignments may include teaching at off-site locations, evening courses and teaching via alternative delivery systems, such as online, and/or ITV.
- Recruit students in biology courses.
- Assist department in selecting textbooks, developing curricula, completing reports, tracking and entering assessment data.
- Maintain skills in teaching methods and course development as recommended by HutchCC.
- Participate, as possible, in faculty development activities at the college and within state and regional organizations.
- Maintain records and files as requested by the department and/or Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete and perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- May advise prospective and current students in proper curricula.
- Serve actively on campus committees.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the appropriate Department Chairperson or the Vice-President of Academic Affairs.
- Master degree required in biological sciences or related field.
- Experience teaching college level biology courses preferred. Eighteen graduate hours in chemistry preferred.
- Ability and willingness to teach via alternative delivery systems including off-site, ITV, online and/or other distance education modes.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, faculty and other HutchCC stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, racial, socioeconomic, gender and disabilities populations.
- Ability to plan, revise, and update curricula.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a student centered environment.
- Physical requirements include excellent verbal, written, and listen communication skills; use appropriate judgment and to apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; excellent organizational skills; ability and willingness to collaborate; ability to work independently. Light to moderate, indoor work environment.
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is determined by the Hiring Schedule in the 2022-2023 local Master Agreement. This full-time faculty position is 9-months annual (170 work days per contract), due process rights eligible, benefit eligible, and exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this position, please see the attached schedule, or you may visit the following address http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-schedule
The selected candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts.
Hutchinson Community College
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?