Automation/Manufacturing Engineering Technology Trainer (ADM3147)
Hutchinson Community College
- Posted: over a month ago
Essential Functions -
- Teach classroom courses supporting the Automation Engineering Technology (AET) and the Manufacturing Engineering Technology (MET) programs. Courses may include but not limited to AC/DC Circuits, Motor Controls, PLCs, VFD’s and Electric motors. Assignments may include evening courses and teaching via alternative delivery systems, such as online, hybrid, or ITV.
- Teach theoretical concepts as well as their application in a hands-on, laboratory environment.
- Assess student learning and application of course objectives and competencies.
- Oversee the security, operation, and maintenance of equipment utilized in the program.
- Cooperate and collaborate with peer instructors.
- Recruit students and market for classes and the AET/MET program.
- Design, develop, and maintain course curriculum, materials, assessments, and evaluations according to HutchCC and state standards, and in response to industry needs and trends.
- Lead program activities, planning and development.
- Assist in preparing the yearly budget; test new equipment for purchase consideration; recommend purchases.
- Arrive timely for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, procedures, and practices.
- Serve actively in department activities and on campus committees.
- Maintain records and files as requested by the department.
- Comply with policies and procedures as determined by HCC.
- Advise prospective and current students in proper curricula.
- Pursue professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Support and participate in student clubs and organizations.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the department chairperson and/or the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Work experience in the electrical area as it applies to process and control systems preferred. An associate degree or higher in Automation or Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related field preferred, or relevant industry experience.
- Evidence of effective teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred.
- Evidence of experience with programmable logic controllers and electronic control systems in manufacturing.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, administrators and faculty.
- The ability and willingness to teach via alternative delivery systems, including online, hybrid, or ITV.
- Ability and willingness to stay current with industry standards and technology.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Physical requirements include excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills; ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately; visual acuity to view a computer terminal; use appropriate judgment and apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations; Light/indoor work environment.
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
SALARY and STATUS:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications, credentials, background, and experience. This administrative staff position is full-time, 12 months, renewable annually, benefit eligible, and exempt.
The selected candidate shall be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcripts.
Hutchinson Community College
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?