Agriculture Diesel Mechanic Instructor/Recruiter (FAC3128)
- Posted: June 06, 2022
Essential Functions -
- Teach assigned courses in the classroom and laboratory/shop that support the HutchCC Ag Diesel program. Assignments may include evening courses and teaching via alternative delivery methods.
- Advise and enroll students within the Ag Diesel program.
- Coordinate student visits and campus tours with the admissions office for those interested in Ag Diesel.
- Lead the recruiting efforts for the program through high school visits, career fairs, industry engagements, social media presence, state fair booth, state FFA convention and others.
- Collaborate in selecting textbooks, completing reports, tracking and entering assessment data, and contributing to program review/strategic planning.
- Collaboratively design, develop, and maintain course curriculum, materials, assessments of student learning and evaluations according to HutchCC, and in response to industry needs and trends.
- Stay current with industry standards and technology. Test new equipment for purchase consideration; recommend purchases.
- Oversee the security and maintenance of equipment utilized in the program classrooms, laboratory/shop and agricultural and farming operations at the South campus location.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform repairs on equipment at the south campus location, as well as instruct students in this area as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Agriculture program faculty and staff to provide a unified and comprehensive Agricultural related program experience for students. Assist Agriculture faculty with preparation and operation of equipment for the school farming or ranch operations.
- Comply with HutchCC policies, practices, and procedures.
- Arrive on time for work, attend work regularly, and successfully complete the responsibilities of the position.
Secondary Functions -
- Participate in department activities and on campus committees.
- Participate, as possible, in professional development activities at the college and within state and regional organizations.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the department chair with input from the Vice President of Academic Affairs, as specified in the local Master Agreement.
- Work experience in Ag Diesel or related agriculture industry required.
- Postsecondary degree in Agriculture or related field preferred.
- Evidence of effective training or teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, administrators and faculty.
- Ability to utilize facility and consumable resources efficiently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in a student centered environment.
- Ability to be attentive to detail, to accurately follow written and oral instructions, and to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to collaborate.
- Possession of a valid Kansas driver's license.
- Physical requirements may include but are not limited to the ability to lift, stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb, push, pull and carry. Lifting requirement may vary considerably, but typically will be in the 75 - 100 pound range. Heavy/indoor work environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills; the ability to understand words and respond effectively and appropriately. Visual acuity to view a computer terminal. Use appropriate judgment and apply tact and courtesy in difficult situations;
- Mental requirements include the ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions about the position.
- Physical and mental qualifications must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- The qualifications listed are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties.
SALARY and STATUS:
The salary is determined per the 2022-2023 Hiring Salary Schedule in the local HutchCC Master Agreement. This full-time faculty position is nine months annual plus forty (40) additional days for recruiting responsibilities (210 days), due process rights eligible, benefit eligible, and exempt. For a copy of the hiring schedule for this position, please see the attached schedule, or you may visit the following address: http://www.hutchcc.edu/hiring-schedule
The selected candidate will be required to submit official, non-issued to student, transcriptsEmployment Type: OTHER
Hutchinson Community College
2101 E Wasp RdHutchinson, KS
EducationView all jobs at Hutchinson Community College