Service Technician - Certified
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About this Role:
You will maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. You will work with minimum guidance. You will develop first line customer relations and identify potentials sales opportunities.
- Replace any component on a rack and perform walk-in case installation with some direction from a Master or Lead Technician.
- Perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Have knowledge of self-contained refrigeration, heating and air conditioning units with some direction from a Master or Lead Service Technician.
- Perform preventative maintenance, compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing.
- Diagnose refrigeration systems and perform necessary repairs.
- Repair leaks on racks or single-unit piping.
- Diagnose low air flow.
- Install PVC drain pipe
- Use temperature meters and sensors.
- Receive and hang blower coils.
- Fabricate hangers, struts and supports.
- Complete necessary documents (work tickets, time sheets, and electronic documentation using a hand-held computer).
- Manage truck inventory in an accurate, neat and orderly manner and follow vehicle maintenance program guidelines.
- Develop excellent customer relations.
- Report to Field Service Manager or Area Service Manager
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Note: Equipment specialty may vary by branch
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School/GED or 5 years of experience in HVAC or HVAC-R
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary: 3 year min experience with Tech Degree
- Have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period of time.
- Will work nights and/or weekends.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC.
- Experience leading others in the work place.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hussmann Corporation
Get fresh Refrigeration Repair jobs daily straight to your inbox!