Hussmann Corporation Suwanee, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods using statistical methods for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples. This position is the key to implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Overall Quality Management including
- Incoming inspection
- Supplier Audit and Quality coordination
- Commercial Refrigerator Door Company Quality
- Continuous Improvement
- Manage nonconformance process and complaint investigation and resolution including CARs and SCARs
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Uses statistical techniques to improve first pass yield, reduce scrap and improve product quality and process capability.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, etc.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Works directly with Maintenance and Product engineering to support equipment production consistency, accuracy and first pass yield.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data Preparing manufacturing and quality procedures.
- Supports design and development projects by training and guiding team members. Supports training guidelines and documentation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks and projects as needed.
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) preferred
- BS in Engineering field: or Equivalent field
- 3 - 5 years of Quality Experience required
- Analyzing Information and implementation of approved process improvements (Six Sigma techniques)
- Reporting Research Results
- Develops Standards
- Assists in managing processes and manufacturing methods and procedures
- Supports Innovation
- Leads Quality Engineering Projects
- Good communications written and verbal
- Proficient with AutoCAD a must. Use of SolidWorks is desirable.
- Competent use of inspection tools; measuring tools, hardness tester, comparator, etc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hussmann Corporation