NPI Transcritical CO2 Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a key member of the NPI team, our NPI Mechanical Design Engineer will apply engineering best practices to develop and document the complete mechanical design solution for our projects. The NPI Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for creating refrigeration piping schematics, a sequence of operation, component layouts, and bill of materials in-order to support the new product design and development, production, and field service. Our NPI Mechanical Engineer will actively work with customers, manufacturing, quality and service departments during manufacturing, system verification and field startup. This candidate will lead the new product mechanical engineering project and task activities by assuming full technical responsibility for the NPI project.
- Lead the mechanical design on NPI projects adhering to department goals and standards
- Design mechanical refrigeration systems for trans-critical CO2, cascade CO2, and CO2 secondary systems
- Implement knowledge and skills related to refrigeration systems and components
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales to in-order to develop a product design document
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of Hussmann products in comparison to other manufactures
- Communicate requirements and changes to all relevant departments
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 5+ years of experience specific to CO2 design and development preferred.
- 7+ years of directly related refrigeration engineering experience.
- Have broad industry product and systems knowledge, preferably with some experience in working for other refrigeration system manufacturers.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes, innovative ideas, and changes. These individuals are open to learn new processes, technologies, and tools.
- Have knowledge of the application engineering tools. Support the development of new tools in- order to introduce new technologies and products. Work closely with application engineers and sustaining engineering in-order to maintain current tools with respect to new products.
- Lead efforts to improve the financial impact of engineering activities on the business and a thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business.
- Manages workload effectively with general direction given.
- Have the ability to prepare and present technical solutions that will meet product requirements.
- Knowledgeable of problem-solving tools and techniques, lead problem solving teams related to systems and component issues.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hussmann Corporation