Hussey Copper Leetsdale, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hussey Copper is located in Leetsdale, PA. We are looking for additional people to become part of our team. We currently have an opening for an Assistant Refiner.
- Follow established practice, Refiner’s or Foreman’s instructions to perform a variety of routine duties to assist in refining and tapping copper, and copper alloys for semi-continuous casting operation. Check safety devices. Charging and tapping.
- Perform tapping, when directed, following detailed instructions; keep launders open.
- Operate forklift truck, (other equipment) equipped with special dumping device and splash shield, to charge furnace with specified mix, as directed by Refiner/Foreman. Position and reposition blow pipes at side doors, as necessary, when aerating. Haul flux with wheelbarrow and help Refiner as directed, with mixing prescribed refractory materials, and building holding and skimming breasts in furnace, fluxing, coking, poling, skimming and preparation of launder and stoppers for use in tapping operation. Perform tapping, when directed, following detailed instructions.
- Assist in reading and recording temperature, amperage, and other meters as assigned, check safety devices.
- Control Mg and Phos feeder, and any associated equipment, regulating their flow to the holding furnace, as instructed by the Foreman when casting Phosphor Copper or SSC Copper, and the like.
- With or without the assistance of the Maintenance Department, lubricate the equipment, as needed, and perform minor maintenance work in and around the Refiner’s work area.
- Detect and report questionable material, faulty operation, or need for maintenance to Refiner or Foreman. Give proper care to equipment used. Complete required time and production reports. Observe good housekeeping practices and prescribed safety precautions.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Factory experience is a plus, but we do have training for the right candidates!
Hussey Copper is represented by the United Steel Workers Union. We strive to meet our customer's needs, all while maintaining quality that will continue to expand our business. To apply for the position, you may submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our website at www.husseycopper.com or you may apply in person at 100 Washington St, Leetsdale, PA 15056. Any questions, please contact us at (724) 251-4266.
Hussey CopperWhy Work Here?
Great Benefits and Great Workforce.
Hussey Copper is a 160 year old copper manufacturer, who is the leader in the North American Power Distribution market selling to Fortune 100 manufacturers of switchgear, transformers and power cables. Hussey Copper is headquartered in Leetsdale, PA with additional facilities in Eminence, KY. The Hussey Bar mill in Eminence, KY is the only plant in the USA that can supply rolled bar with a finished edge as wide as 12 inches. We offer all standard bar dimensions, and can quickly deliver custom sizes engineered to fit customer specific needs. The plant is equipped with upgraded rolling mills and lines dedicated to annealing, silver flash plating, and tin plating.
100 Washington St.Leetsdale, PA
AnimalView all jobs at Hussey Copper