Human Resources Manager
Husky Senior Care Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: Owner
JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources Manager’s mission is to be the heartbeat of Husky Senior Care & Longhouse Senior Living by supporting all company employees. This is accomplished through retention and recruitment - a two-pronged approach. No amount of good scheduling will work if we are short staffed, so it is critical to be a place new and current caregivers WANT to work.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm, 40 hours/week plus overtime when company needs require.
KEY RESULTS AREAS (KRAs)
1. Talent Acquisition: In concert with the Directors and your 2 assistants, identify, pursue, and hire the special kind of caregivers who can carry out our company’s mission. Post employment ads, screen applicants, conduct initial phone interviews, conduct face-to-face interviews, check references, do follow-up paperwork, and on-board new employees. Work with the Director and Scheduler to think ahead and achieve staffing goals. Develop relationships with the caregiver school instructors so that we have access to the best and brightest of each class.
2. On-Board New Employees: During this key time, implement an impeccable, educated process which thoroughly welcomes and introduces employees to the company, firmly attaches each to our mission, and showcases the expectations. Embrace cultural differences and seize the opportunity to build bridges between caregivers and seniors.
3. Regulatory Compliance: Become an expert on home care, assisted living and adult family home regulations. Insure that employee files are 100% complete and in compliance with these regulations. Use our system to track credential expiration dates, etc. to make sure we stay ahead of compliance requirements. Manage L&I and unemployment claims to preserve our resources.
4. Present a Polished, Educated Image to the World: We believe that everything we do represents us to the outside world. In employment ads, follow-up with people, job fairs, and every other instance, the mission is to embody our ideals, which will in turn draw the right quality of employee to us. Excellent English writing and speaking skills are a core part of this.
5. Benefits: Enjoy promoting and selecting our health benefits for eligible employees. Enroll and terminate eligible employees in the company’s 401K option. Support current employees enrollment in all company benefits.
• A person with a passion for seniors and a love of cultural diversity
• A person with keen insight into people and the ability to drive our mission through the right staffing choices
• A self-starting personality who likes to identify and solve problems and will not leave loose ends
• A person who “owns” problems instead of recruiting people to help with them
• A person with good instincts about people and a thorough, questioning approach to vetting new hires
• A precise, organized person who can stay on top of the compliance requirements associated with our caregivers
• Extremely high personal integrity and reliability
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, the Internet, Facebook, and some experience with numbers or bookkeeping.
• A person with excellent English reading and writing skills
EDUCATION: Four year degree (required). Graduate degrees will be given preference.
EXPERIENCE: At least 3 years of management or human resource experience with clear evidence of the ability to accurately evaluate talent and follow a hiring system. The ability to multitask, plan, and interact gracefully and pleasantly with employees and customers is essential. Experience with senior care and home care regulations is a plus.
REFERENCES: Previous supervisors going back at least 3 years.
To keep our employees safe from COVID-19, Husky/Longhouse has offered a vaccination clinic. Masks are worn in the office. Employees must also answer health screening questions and take a temperature check prior to beginning their day.
Husky Senior Care
11339 8th Ave NESeattle, WA
BusinessView all jobs at Husky Senior Care