At Magor Mold – SCHÖTTLI (a Husky Company), we have been setting international benchmarks in the development and production of high-performance molds for over 60 years. We offer our sophisticated and discerning customers solutions in all significant areas from prototyping and construction of high precision molds to one-stop aftermarket services.
We can offer you a challenging and multifaceted job involving a high degree of individual responsibility and scope. Help shape the future as part of a highly motivated team and seize the opportunity to make a difference in an expanding enterprise offering attractive terms of employment.
To strengthen our team in San Dimas, California we are looking for a committed and reliable candidate for the position of Quality Control Inspector.
In this role you will perform inspections, checks, tests and sampling procedures of the parts and components used in the manufacture of precision medical molds.
· Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of components using various inspection measuring equipment and gages
· Ensure all parts and components have been tested and measure within specifications/tolerances; initiate Non-Conformance reports as required. Communicate with supervisors, mold technicians and other staff to resolve inspection questions.
· Accurately document the results of the inspections and testing on the computer in various programs
· Read and interpret specifications and blue prints
· Report any product defects immediately to the technician
· Support the implementation of ISO registration, compliance and audits
· Maintain calibration, first article, internal auditing and training programs
· Support production and administration departments
· Provide direct customer and supplier support
· Minimum three years Quality Control experience is preferred
· Practical understanding of precision tooling
· Ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, gauge pins, etc.) required
· Experience with visual and touch probe CMMs (Zeiss, Nikon) and Optical comparator desired
· Experience with metrology, GD&T, blue print reading
· Fluency in ISO program management and implementation is an asset
· General computer proficiency
· Must have good English written and verbal communication skills
· Self-starter and requires minimal supervision
Husky has a strong foundation that is built on innovation, close customer relationships and a unique culture and values. Founded in 1953, Husky has grown to become a leading supplier of injection molding equipment and services to the plastics industry. We are dedicated to offering our customers the highest quality products and services and are looking for people with the inspiration and talent to develop with us as we pursue our ambitious growth strategy. We are a leader in developing state-of-the-art technology and it is this technology base that uniquely positions us to serve customers who seek differentiation through solutions that provide speed, flexibility and maximum productivity. This capability is at the core of our mission and competitive strategy.
Husky equipment and services are used to produce a wide range of products for the beverage packaging, closures, thinwall packaging, medical and consumer electronics markets. We have more than 40 service and sales offices, employ over 4,000 people worldwide and support customers in over 100 countries. Our main manufacturing facilities are located in Canada, the United States, Luxembourg, Austria and China.