Warehouse Supervisor (On-Site Representative)
- Posted: over a month ago
The On Site Representative/Supervisor (OSR) shall be capable of performing management of the mail and supply receipt, storage, mailing, shipment and issue and associated warehouse duties outlined in the PWS, and possess all skills and knowledge required therein.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Warehousing & Distribution Support: Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer assistance in a timely and courteous manner.
- Provide support to Veteran Affairs and customers.
- Apply supply management and distribution principles, practices and knowledge of regulatory requirements and performance of supply management/storage/distribution functions pertaining to requisition, receipt, storage, issue, inventory, packing, mailing & shipping of supply items.
- Ensure support to the Government is executed as stipulated for tasks and functions relevant to receiving, issuing distribution, packing, shipping and storage of materiel; identify, request and receive materials, parts and supplies; examine and inventory items of supply received to verify part number/stock number and quantity according to the shipment documentation, correct shipping addresses and condition of shipment; document findings through warehouse and distribution standard systems, initiate discrepancy reports and investigations. Ensure condition code, e.g. completeness and serviceability of parts and materiel prior to distribution.
- Provide overall supervision for the Company employees to include, but not limited to, planning and managing the contract professionally; coaching and mentoring supervisors and leads ensuring that work is scheduled properly to obtain maximum use of resources; ensuring that accurate and timely reports are provided; effective supervision to prevent inefficient or wasteful methods in the performance of services ordered; and execute cost saving factors and quality controls to ensure work is performed as scheduled and at a fair and reasonable cost.
- Provide overall management coordination and serve as the central point of contact (POC) with the Government for all work under the contract. Individuals currently serving as a Site Manager will be considered qualified, competent and eligible.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Candidate must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
Computer skills (to include Microsoft Office application software such as: Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Outlook Basic accounting, bookkeeping, billing,
Scheduling and managing teams of up to, but not limited to 30 people.
OSR shall demonstrate capability in evaluating warehousing programs
Assigning and evaluating work,
Reviewing employee performance
Providing recommendations for process and employee improvement.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must undergo an employee background check
- Must have a minimum of (3) years of logistics management experience. Must be knowledgeable of supply management principles, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Licensed to drive/operate Government owned sedans and pickup trucks
Hurricane Consulting Inc
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Hurricane Consulting Inc