Shift Lead - Dept of Veteran Affairs
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Shift Leads shall be capable of performing management of the mail and supply receipt, storage, mailing, shipment and issue and associated warehouse duties outlined in the PWS, and possess all skills and knowledge required therein. Opportunities for for advancement are available at the Department of Veteran Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Warehousing & Distribution Support: Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer assistance in a timely and courteous manner.
- Provide support to Veteran Affairs and customers.
- Supervise performance of warehouse storage/distribution functions pertaining to requisition, receipt, storage, issue, inventory, packing, mailing & shipping of supply items.
- Ensure warehouse actions are executed as stipulated for tasks and functions relevant to receiving, issuing distribution, packing, shipping and storage of materiel; identify, request and receive materials, parts and supplies; examine and inventory items of supply received to verify part number/stock number and quantity according to the shipment documentation, correct shipping addresses and condition of shipment; document findings through warehouse and distribution standard systems, initiate discrepancy reports and investigations. Ensure condition code, e.g. completeness and serviceability of parts and materiel prior to distribution.
- Provide overall supervision for the Company employees to include, but not limited to, planning and managing the contract professionally; coaching and mentoring employees ensuring that work is performed properly to maximize use of resources; provide effective supervision to prevent inefficient or wasteful methods in the performance of services ordered; and execute cost saving factors and quality controls to ensure work is performed as scheduled and at a fair and reasonable cost.
- Provide warehouse supervision of employees and stewardship of supply and materials in storage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Candidate must demonstrate capability to perform basic supervisory tasks that support the collective achievement of daily warehouse production quotas.
- Generate reports
- Request warehouse supplies
- Ensure completion of timecards
- Enforce compliance with safety programs.
- Assign and evaluate work,
- Implement and review employee performance standards
- Provide recommendations for process and employee improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must undergo an employee background check
- Must have a minimum of (3) years of logistics management experience. Must be knowledgeable of supply management principles, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Licensed to drive/operate Government owned sedans and pickup trucks
Hurricane Consulting Inc
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Hurricane Consulting Inc