Document Scanning Technician - Administrative Office - Part Time
Huron-Clinton Metroparks Brighton, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LOCATION: Administrative Office
BARGAINING UNIT / LEVEL: P4
SALARY RANGE: $15.35 per hour
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Assistant to the Director, position is responsible for converting archival materials to digital format using a high-resolution scanner for a project to create digital collections and is the backup and fill-in for front desk reception area. This position is part-time up to 1500 hours per year and the project is expected to last for up to 36 months.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent, Associates degree preferred.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, filing, and record management.
- Knowledge and/or skill in a variety of computer software applications including spreadsheets, word processing, and database software.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to show sound judgment to identify and report problems to supervisors and contribute to resolving them.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform essential duties.
- Properly handle fragile and rare archival materials.
- Support the preparation of materials for scanning. Prep documents: remove physical breaks, staples, clips and bindings.
- Scan print, photos, artwork, etc. and import in designated software; correct color and manipulate images as required using provided software.
- Check scanning specifications for accuracy and quality requirements.
- Record technical, item, and structural metadata in a spreadsheet.
- Enter descriptive metadata into digital collections content management system.
- Review all output images for proper sizing, resolution and overall quality.
A full job description can be obtained by contacting the Department of Human Resources.
Who May Apply: Open to all candidates who meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications will be accepted until the vacancy is filled.
NOTE: Michigan “Freedom of Information” laws require that candidate names and other information be made available upon request, unless the candidate has expressly requested confidentiality. The Huron-Clinton Metroparks will endeavor to maintain confidentiality and privacy within applicable laws. The Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Powered by JazzHR