Part-Time Office Assistant
- Posted: over a month ago
Status: Non- Exempt
Regular Hours: 20-25+ hours/week 9:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. ONSITE
Reports to: Support Team -Team Leader
Direct Reports: None
General Summary of Position
This position is responsible to provide exceptional customer service and allow our Ag Risk-Marketing Consultant(s) to maximize and efficiently utilize their talents to the overall best interest of their clients and of Hurley & Associates. This person is responsible to provide a warm, welcome atmosphere for individuals calling and visiting the office.
General Description of Who We Are and What We Do:
Hurley & Associates is an Agri-Marketing company with Christian and family values. Our business is unique, in that we have the opportunity to make a positive difference in a farmers’ level of success. We help agricultural producers secure revenue. We do that through commodity risk management that is tailored to each farmer’s individual operation and risk tolerance.
Details of task related to the position: :
- Keep Consultants organized and aware of important upcoming calendar items.
- Contact clients, directed by Consultants, to provide information or reports.
- Take client calls when Consultant is busy and provide backup for them when they are out of the office.
- Help Consultants stay on track with prospecting efforts.
- Prepare letters for prospects and clients.
- Create new spreadsheets, supportive tools or work materials when necessary and assist with data-entry on a daily basis, as needed.
- Backup other office support staff when they are out of the office.
- Help train new employees, as requested.
- Update and maintain HA system with data on clients, prospects, leads, and advocates.
- Review client positions in daily StoneX futures and options equity runs.
- Assists with margin calls and email lenders with margin transfers.
- Review daily data entry in software for accuracy.
- Sell cash grain for clients, work with local grain buyers and monitor basis territory.
- Place futures and options orders for Consultants, as requested.
- Build bunch orders, as requested.
- Update reports needed by Consultant into Sharepoint regularly.
- Prepare new client documentation for Consultants and review all for accuracy and efficient processing.
- Help create and disseminate promotional materials for Consultants.
- Assist in planning and coordinating meetings, presentations, client events, client visits, prospect events, etc. and attend meetings as requested.
- Prepare reports and/or information in preparation for client meetings.
- Document updates to brokerage accounts, as necessary.
- Update and maintain client information in files and Hurley software.
- Relay daily fill information to clients, mostly via email.
- Decipher client provided information and enter farm financials into Hurley software.
- Track and maintain grain inventory for clients.
- Update end of year tax projections to clients, if necessary.
Duties and responsibilities of the position may change according to the needs of the company.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Degree required.
- A 2- or 4-year bachelors’ degree is preferred.
- One-year or more of related experience preferred.
- May be required to work 20-30 hours per week upon request.
Percentages of Work responsibilities
- 40% Marketing, 30% Administration, 30% Client Documentation.
About Hurley & Associates: Our business is unique; in that we have the opportunity to make a positive difference in a farmers’ level of success. We do that through commodity risk management that is tailored to each farmer’s individual operation and risk tolerance.
Our Mission: To help our clients realize economic stability while maintaining the dignity and value of the farm family. Through collective efforts of our employees, associates, and agri-businesses we continually strive to accomplish this mission by:
- Providing marketing risk management services.
- Helping the client reduce market risk.
- Developing a prudent marketing program tailored to the clients’ specific needs, to reach practical financial goals, and to become better stewards of their finances.
- Staying informed by evaluating and keeping pace with the increasing flow of information and rapid changes in agri-business, in order to keep clients on the leading edge of agriculture.
- The application of sound Christian principles to achieve positive results for the clients’ farm enterprise.
- Allowing our employees and associates to use their God given creative abilities, thereby sharing the benefits of a positive relationship with the client.
Our employees: enjoy a work culture that promotes teamwork, life-long-learning, family values and work-life balance.
Hurley & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veterans, or disability status.
Powered by JazzHR
Hurley & Associates
BusinessView all jobs at Hurley & Associates