Virtualization Engineer & Data Center Engineer \- 18845
Position Location Washington, D\.C\.
Requisition \# 18845
\# of Openings 1
HII\- Mission Driven Innovative Solutions Inc\. \(HII\-MDIS\) is currently seeking a Virtualization Engineer & Data Center Engineer to work out of the Washington, DC metro area\.
HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions \(MDIS\) is a business group within Technical Solutions; a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries \(HII\) that delivers professional services to a wide variety of government and commercial customers worldwide\. HII MDIS has over 2100 employees worldwide who deliver critical services to our DoD, IC and Federal/Civilian customers across five service portfolios: IT and Software Applications; Modeling, Simulation and Training; Mission Engineering and Operations Support; Cyberspace Operations; and Logistics and Lifecycle Management\.
Duties and Responsibilities \(to include but not be limited to the following\):
- Owns and operates the cloud hypervisor and hosting systems\.
- Troubleshoots application, network, database, and architectural challenges using internal virtualization tools as well as existing knowledge and toolkits\.
- Assists in Design/Architecture of pure cloud and hybrid cloud solutions\. Possesses superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills\.
- Implement techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements\.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery\.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources\.
- Acts as a technical point of escalation & mentor for junior staff\.
- 10 \-15 years of experience \(must have at least one certification or equivalent from the following list and maintain throughout the task order: AWS Certified Solutions Architect \- Professional \(Amazon Web Services\), CCNP Cloud \(Cisco\), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure \(Microsoft\), and VMWare VCP7 \- CMA\)\.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or Engineering\.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in using virtualization tools such as vSphere or equivalent\.
- Virtual Machine Administration
- Hardware maintenance
- Operating Systems Maintenance
- Security Patch deployment
- Systems upgrades
- All candidates will be subject to a pre\-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements\.