Program Level Award Fee Manager (Technical Editor And Writer 4) - 15428
Requisition Number: 15428
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: None
Level of Experience: Senior
Who We Are
HII-Mission Technologies is currently seeking a Program Level Award Fee Manager. This position is approved to work remotely.
The Program Level Award Fee Manager manages the reporting and presentation on process (at the individual program level) for the required and recommended reports that contribute most directly to the government's award fee assessment associated with a Cost-Plus Award Fee (CPAF) contract or task order.
What You Will Do
- Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
- Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
- Conducts quality review of materials.
What We Are Looking For
- 10 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 8 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 14 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Technical and creative writing capabilities.
- Better than average command of the English language.
- Ability to distinguish between active and passive voice.
- Understand when to use helping verbs.
- Understand subject/verb agreement.
- Ability to understand and correct misplaced modifiers.
- Ability to reword lengthy explanations into concise, impactful statements.
- Ability to build a big picture narrative by combining fragments attained on a monthly basis.
- Editing skills
- Ability to understand contract requirements and language.
- Ability to engage professionally with the client at the contracting officer/COR level.
- Ability to build working relationships with Task Order technical leads and leaders in various program management offices.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Ability to give professional presentations both in person and in virtual environments.
Preferred: Bonus Points For
- Experience with Award Fee contracts.
- Experience as former contracting officer or contracting officer representative (COR) or similar experience in the military acquisitions environment.
This opportunity resides with Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), a business group within HII's Mission Technologies division. From towers to processors, we design, develop, integrate and manage the sensors, systems and other assets necessary to support integrated intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations, exploitation and analysis for the Intelligence Community, the military services, geographic and functional combatant commands and DoD agencies.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture to promote collaboration and enhance creativity by hiring a diverse work force. HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Huntington Ingalls IndustriesFairfax, VA
Get fresh Program Level Award Fee Manager (Technical Editor And Writer 4) - 15428 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.