We are an independent retail pharmacy located in Huntington Station, seeking a part a full time Pharmacy Technician professional who is flexible with hours. The opening is for the day shift during the majority of weekdays.
Pharmacy is located within the NYU Langone Huntington Medical group building. This offers a fast paced, exciting and professional environment and all prospective candidates must be hard working, engaging and detail oriented. Working in a well renowned medical building will be demanding and will require 100% effort and participation at all times. Our patients depend on pharmacy professionals to provide the highest level of customer service to improve and maintain their health needs with regards to prescription medications.
Your general responsibilities include assisting customers/patients, dispensing (labeling and packaging), stocking, cashiering, third party insurance rejection calls, and assisting the Pharmacist with assigned misallaneous tasks. You must have a superior level of customer service skills and understanding of pharmacy work flow and operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 1-3 Years’ experience required
- Knowledge of processing medication orders
- Excellent written/verbal communications, organization and time management skills
- Proficient in data entry and computer skills
- Accurate, detail oriented and reliable
- Maintain HIPPA patient confidentiality
- Team player with other techs and co-workers
- Knowledge of BestRx software preferred
- Second languages (specifically Spanish) is a plus
- Familiarity with third party insurance plans and resolving rejections is preferred
- Pharmacy Technician Certified (Preferred, not required)
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Requires standing on your feet for several hours at a time
- Must be able to multi task between assisting customers, answering phone calls, dispensing medications accurately, logging and re-stocking inventory and other various tasks
- Must be flexible with regards to schedule
- Scheduled hours will be discussed during interview process
- Minimum of 30 hours per week Monday - Friday (alternating weekends)
- Lunch break length will depend on shift length
- Friendly, Family oriented retail pharmacy environment
- Demanding and fast paced pharmacy experience
Compensation based on experience
Our company provides a unique opportunity if you are looking for a career in a fast paced, professional setting that allows you to apply your practical experience.
Phone requests for interviews will NOT be accepted, please do not call the pharmacy directly to schedule an interview. After reviewing the resume's a pharmacy representative may contact any qualified prospective pharmacy technician candidate to schedule an interview.