Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a strategic thought-partner and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The role requires hands-on and participative management, and the ability to lead and develop the internal team, and work with applicable contracted outsources, to support the following areas: financial management, Board of Director’s committees, risk management, payroll, and employee benefits. The Chief Financial Officer plays a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operations as Hunters Point Family continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. The position requires a financial leader able to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Prepares the annual budget for Hunters Point Family
- Analyzes prepare and present bi-monthly financial statements to the Board of Directors
- Develop a clear financial plan that is consistent with the organization’s strategic programs, goals, and initiatives
- Oversee the organization’s financial accounting systems and functions maintaining strong internal controls
- Oversee the annual audit, in full compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and funder requirements
- Periodically review funder regulations as well as all applicable federal regulations
- Update and revise internal control policies and procedures as needed to be in compliance with funder requirements
- Develop and manage an effective banking relationship that will aid the agency in:
- agency line of credit,
- lowest interest rate borrowing
- Be in direct contact with our funders, ensuring that we are in compliance with all administrative and financial aspects of our grants and contracts
- Prepares necessary regulatory cost reporting and stays current with rules, regulations, and reporting requirements for federal, state, and local funders
- Maintain or oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Provide training and supervisor to administrative staff as needed
- Review and analyze of agency’s general liability policy and make recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer
- Review and analysis of the agency’s workers compensation policy
- Reviews all financial plans and budgets; monitors progress and changes and keeps senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manages organizational cash flow and forecasting and generate monthly cash flow projections
- Implements a robust financial management/reporting system, including comprehensive restricted funds accounting system, and an efficient system for pledge accounting and tracking; ensures that financial data and cash flow are accurate and support operational requirements.
- Responsible for implementation of accounting and financial process improvements, including digitization of accounting transactions. Evaluates the adequacy of accounting systems to deliver transactions and reporting efficiently, and recommend/lead transition to successor systems as appropriate.
- Assures that the financial system (currently, QuickBooks) is backed up daily to preserve the integrity of the financial database.
- Updates and implements all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improves the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual. Create financial policies and procedures that are aligned with GAAP and federal requirements for monitoring revenue and expenditure
- Responsible for the timely annual filing of federal, state, and local compliance documents and reports, including, but not limited to:
• Annual forms 1099, independent contractors;
• Annual W-2s and W-3s through the payroll outsource;
• Annual Forms 5500 for the Hunters Point Family 403(b) Plan
• City and County of San Francisco Annual Claims for Welfare Exemption on real properties;
• City and County of San Francisco Annual Forms 571-L, Business Property Statement.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree;
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience;
- Prior experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and previous experience overseeing a payroll, employee benefit, and HRIS function;
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with – programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds;
- A track record in grants management;
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software (experience with Quickbooks Enterprise or similar ERP software);
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization, including best practices in human resources activities;
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of HPF.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, HPF provides a generous compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee flexible spending health care and dependent (cafeteria) plan, pre-tax transit pass program, and – most significantly – a collaborative and friendly work environment.
Hunters Point FamilySan Francisco, CA
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.