Hunter International Wilmington, DE
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $18 Hourly
The Research Technician will help conduct lab, field and greenhouse experiments to answer key questions needed to understand and develop pesticide products.
Research Technician Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean lab and greenhouse environment (wash benches, floors and carts).
- Work effectively with lab staff and other researchers to complete group objectives including planting, filling flats and pots, transplanting, pruning and spacing, watering, biomass sampling, and pictures
- Field work expected, including care of plots and adjacent areas as well as taking direction to rehabilitate field areas for turf and weed work.
- Field work includes mowing, fertilization, and plot prep, treatment and care work
- Insecticide studies in the lab environment expected. Working with small insects including ants, crickets, cockroaches anticipated. Husbandry work expected of candidate
Research Technician Qualifications:
- A.S./B.S. in Horticulture, Plant Science or closely related field. Training or courses in organic and physical chemistry would also be expected of candidate
- Works with chemicals
- Basic plant knowledge and basic insect knowledge and ability to work with all kinds of pest insects
- Ability to follow direction
- Become part of a fast-paced environment with ability to shift direction rapidly
ScienceView all jobs at Hunter International