Hunter International Lafayette, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Implementing local quality systems
- Providing quality system training for employees
- Gathering data for corporate metrics, generating and analyzing quality records to ensure compliance with the corporate quality system
- Coordinating with manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, suppliers and customers to resolve quality problems and prevent reoccurrence.
- Helping the manufacturing engineer create mistake proofing as required for customers
- Ensuring that all aspects of this system are functioning as intended and are cost effective.
- Ensuring the corporate priorities of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost are communicated and followed.
- Studying and evaluating in-process parts and assemblies through the use of capability studies and first article inspections to ensure they meet customer specifications.
- Managing and collaborating with internal and external customers in the review of the effectiveness of quality systems, material and finished goods storage, finished goods packaging systems, material rejections, returned goods, and mistake proofing.
- Providing employee training regarding quality documentation (forms, work instructions, and standard procedures).
- Directing the activities of the quality technician per corporate quality requirements and ensuring that departmental quality inspectors are competent in measuring parts and fulfilling their quality system responsibilities.
- Working with customers in response to quality escapes, PPAP approvals and providing support to the sales department as required.
- Working with suppliers to ensure they provide products and materials that meet specifications. Managing supplier quality as directed, including conducting supplier audits.
- Participating in planning and budgeting to support quality objectives
- Managing capability studies, the PPAP process, administration of gage calibration & evaluation, and Internal & External PPM reports.
- Conducting Quality audits of other MPI plants as directed.
- Assisting local projects as needed, including participation in Kaizen events and project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline is preferred.
- A Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred.
- Over 5 years’ experience developing and managing the Quality System in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of corrective actions, returned goods management, PPAP, data analysis, mistake proofing, problem solving tools, and quality data collection systems.
- Fluency in the English is required; fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Candidate must be open to Travel to customer and supplier sites as required.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hunter International