Product Development Scientist
Hunter International Plano, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Support legacy specification upgrade project from spec readiness to supplier commercial qualification approval
- Learn and understand ingredient/supplier/third party/formula standards
- Train in new specification system and understand the interaction between the suite of applications (Product Vision, TW, VCS, and PDMS) and become an expert
- Specification Writer will interact with Product Developer to compile key data to write specification according to guidelines.
- Create new ingredient, formula, sub-formula, and semi-finished formula in spec system
- Compare prior specification data to migrated specification data to ensure accuracy of migration
- Serve as point of contact with supplier to gather information and data needed to build specification
- Manage PQQ process with Suppliers and complete timely follow-up to keep the process moving to completion
- Interact with and provide support to all disciplines to ensure complete and accurate specification including Product Development, Food Safety, Regulatory, Quality, Procurement, and Supplier Quality Assurance
- Manage ingredient and formula workflow launches & routes
- Support Commercialization Qualification plan follow-up with supplier and ensure appropriate disciplines review data when received
- Support maintenance of specifications on-going including parameter adjustments, adding new supplier sites, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a related field.
- At least 1 year experience in the food industry
- Excel/Word/MS Outlook - Microsoft product proficient
- Ability to learn computer applications/programs quickly
- Good communication skills – oral and written
- Document control knowledge
- Works well in a team setting, working with QA/R&D/FS/Reg work team on other aspects of project
- Good math skills
ScienceView all jobs at Hunter International