Materials Laboratory Technician
- $8 Hourly
More Jobs Like This
Laboratory Technician will be in a research lab that supports stable operations, productivity, and growth projects across the business. The successful candidate will be required to build strong expertise in glass and raw material sample-preparation and testing (including equipment operation & maintenance). The candidate will also work closely with the Glass R&D Team and other groups to support projects which may include activities such as glass melting and testing of various raw materials. The ability to work safely and independently, to collaborate with project leads, and to quickly learn processes are critical criteria of this job. This is a fast paced, innovative environment where excellent communication skills are necessary to get the job done.
Laboratory Technician Responsibilities:
- Sample preparations for various analysis within the analytical lab.
- Working with chemicals and various raw materials, including hazardous chemicals.
- Various lab tasks, including analytical weighing, dilutions, extractions, filtration, and chemical mixing.
- Continuous commitment and attention to safety in the laboratory working environment, including finding opportunity for improvement, following all lock-tag-try procedures, wearing appropriate PPE, and promptly reporting all safety incidents or concerns to the appropriate resource.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure lab requests are completed in a timely manner
- Collaborate with internal customers to promote team-based problem solving
- Actively contribute to team troubleshooting to ensure the fulfillment of lab goals and objectives
Laboratory Technician Requirements:
- Associates degree or 3-year college degree in a hard science; BS in Chemistry, Materials Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred
- Experience working in a chemical laboratory with various analytical or QC instrumentatio
- Experience working with lab scale equipment required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Laboratory Information Management System
- Strong verbal and written communication, excellent attention to detail, commitment to safety, and works well with others and in a group environment
- Willingness to support cross-functional customers
- Exhibits a sense of independence and ownership over work
- Proven multitasking and planning / organizing skills
Hunter InternationalGranville, OH
USAView All Hunter International Jobs
Over a month ago
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.