IT Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
IT Support Specialist
Pay Rate: $70-80k/yr
IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional quality support across the Firm’s offices to more than 1870 end users. This support must be timely, accurate, friendly, and efficient. Specific support responsibilities include local desk-side support, remote control (virtual application support), computer and device support, one-on-one training, and functional testing. User Support’s primary focus is on the end user and ensuring that their needs are met so they can effectively use technology to perform their jobs. This position requires excellent customer service skills, communication skills, problem solving skills, and organization/planning skills. This position also requires technical competency in core applications, devices, and technologies, along with a broad understanding of the varied technologies normally associated with a large professional services environment.
IT Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Provide focused support for all end-user technical and application software problems at a Tier 2 level both desk-side and virtually via remote control and phone support. Act as primary interface with end users when investigating and resolving problems.
- Provide exceptional customer service through consulting, installation, support, training, and troubleshooting for the end-user community as well as practicing the following customer support skills: face-to-face, telephone, internet and email skills, reliability, timeliness, and effectiveness.
- Responsible for one-on-one training. Since most offices do not have a designated trainer, ad hoc training will be the responsibility of the local User Support Specialist. In addition, User Support Specialists should identify training opportunities when troubleshooting end user problems both desk side and virtually. For example, taking the opportunity to teach, tutor and instruct attorneys and staff on Firm technology (e.g. software applications, hardware/devices, access methods, etc.).
- Problem Solving Expertise - Clearly isolate and define problems, taking steps to resolve them before they become larger and more critical; ask others for their opinions, suggestions, and ideas; maintain a proper sense of balance of the perspectives and agendas of others.
- Planning/Organizational Skills - Use time effectively, work at a high level of energy, monitor important details and plan weekly and daily actions. Think systematically by considering the overall system and how to improve it.
- Technical Expertise - Must have strong application support and desktop support skills with hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience (desktop, laptop, printer, wireless devices). Ability to support users both in person and remotely.
- Track all calls in Ivanti Help Desk ticketing software providing the level of detail necessary to ensure the information entered is accurate and will be useful in knowledge sharing. Ensure ticket response and resolution meet current department service level targets. Review open tickets daily and provide status updates if ticket cannot be closed. Responsible for ticket ownership including end user updates and communication as well as documenting steps from consultation with Tier 3 resources to solve issues.
- Perform testing of software applications, upgrades, security patches as deemed necessary, utilizing the Firm’s test matrices to ensure the usability of the Firm’s core PC applications suite as well as application performance and system performance stopwatch testing.
- Participate on project teams including small to large size projects, effectively meet project milestones, deadlines, and target dates; work closely with project managers to understand defined and scheduled tasks.
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing; establish and maintain continuous, positive, cooperative communication with end users and keep them informed as to status. Inform team members about new knowledge, methods, technologies, and other developments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
IT Support Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the IT field, along with a minimum of one (1) year in a support role is required. A minimum of five (5) years of experience in end user support is preferred. The equivalent combination of education, training and experience may substitute for education requirement. Professional services experience highly desirable.
- Extensive experience with MS Office 2016 or greater, Windows 10, NetDocuments Document Management System, and other legal specific core applications. Extensive experience in hardware support of desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, and other peripherals as well as wireless devices such as iPhones and iPads.
- Experience with audio/visual set ups for meetings, GoToMeeting® set ups, Microsoft Teams, Zoom meeting setups, Video Conference setups.
- Strong knowledge of application testing, maintenance, and application compatibility in a professional services environment (preferably a large law firm).
- Ability to speak effectively and respond to common inquiries or complaints from all levels of professional and support staff. Demonstrate the interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with attorneys, clients, and staff in person, by e-mail and telephone.
TechnologyView all jobs at Hunter International