- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Pay Rate: $32/HR
EHS Specialist is responsible for the implementation, communication and coordination of quality, environmental, health, and safety programs for multiple Supply Chain and Development teams at a manufacturing site for an agricultural science organization. This position will relay technical and administrative direction on EHS decisions and work with site personnel to ensure the EHS guidelines are being followed and the site follows EHS standards.
EHS Specialist Responsibilities:
- Manage the maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Lead the continuous improvement efforts of EHS processes, including devising, supervising, and coordinating training programs or media which will increase safe practices and promote EHS consciousness.
- Responsible for conducting the monthly Safety Meetings at the site involving all site employees including the Field Production Managers.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents, near-misses and property damage incidents, and work to minimize future exposure, and ensure proper records/documents are maintained.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Review internal EHS policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
- Serve as primary contact for all regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, reporting (air, water, waste), and to address compliance issues, third party safety & liability consultants and subcontractor representative.
- Provide information and assistance to site management related to: Quality Management, Management Systems, Training, Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Medical Department, Occupational Safety, Plant Safety, Environmental, Emergency Response and Security.
- Maintain compliance with permits, government regulations and other industry practices; maintain training records, compliance forms, and audit response records for review.
- Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization; Participate/attend industry related conferences when requested to do so.
EHS Specialist Requirements:
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety or related technical field, OR high school diploma with 3 years of relevant safety experience .
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in chemical, manufacturing, or seed facility .
- Knowledge of industry practices, regulatory agency requirements and industry standards. Worked within an industrial manufacturing plant. Ability to interact with different levels of the organization including management, hourly employees, and others to build the EHS excellence culture.
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail and organizational abilities .
- Superior analytical/problem solving skills; superior written and verbal communications skills, with ability to confidently address large groups of employees related to EHS understanding and training.
- Experience working with local regulatory agencies preferred.
- Familiar with various emission control devices to ensure compliance.
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Hunter International
Get fresh Senior EHS Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.