- Posted: over a month ago
Competitive Compensation & Benefits Offered
The Controller will be a hands-on leader responsible for daily management of the financial functions while ensuring accurate and timely reporting and analysis of the Company’s financial results.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and analysis of financial results:
- Produce monthly Company scorecard and send to President.
- Responsibility for all business reporting and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Produce a monthly report which reports all significant variances to the operating plan with a detailed explanation by the department of what activity produced the variance.
- Management of daily financial functions:
- Maintain and enforce proper cash controls.
- Verify daily cash reconciliation and cash flow management.
- Ensure payroll is accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure subsidiary ledgers are reconciled daily and variances attended to that day.
- Perform controllership and function of ensuring property control of company assets and proper following of company policies.
- Support of existing business operations to ensure proper decision-making – support management team as a financial resource.
- Recruit, train, and manage direct-report personnel and build department team to fuel company growth objectives.
- Identify cost-saving and profit enhancement opportunities within the current environment while in the training period and ongoing.
- Look for trends/information which could improve business results.
- Assist with VP-HR in negotiation and renewal of Company benefits’ plans, and ensure plans are properly administered.
- Insure all local, state, and federal laws are followed regarding business practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, in accounting or finance; MBA highly desirable.
- Five or more years of related financial experience managing accounting functions, developing budgets and implementing new policies at small to medium-sized businesses.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Excellent proficiency with systems and accounting packages.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various accounting standards / publications, financial reports, and legal documents.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Hunter International