Automation Project Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Automation Project Engineer (Operations Technology)
Competitive Pay and Benefits
The Automation Project Engineer is a key role in addressing the demand of digital manufacturing to meet business needs. This person is accountable for the design, consultation, deployment, and strategy of the manufacturing controls and OT systems across the enterprise.
Automation Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Build a working ownership model for the Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems platform; work closely with key stakeholders.
- Establish Lifecycle Management process to ensure Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems remain current and supported.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to align 3-5 year roadmap across all business units.
- Establish a Manufacturing Controls & OT system strategy.
- Apply project management expertise and other best practices/tools to define, execute, and fully own project plans from end-to-end.
- Support evaluation of new product functionality, develop the corresponding technology solutions roadmap.
- Manage POC and Pilot projects of new functionality to drive the expansion of the platform within the identified or emerging standards, and demonstrate value generation.
- Drive ownership of a sustainable support process. Build out the process leveraging our team of third party partners, and be available for support escalations as required.
- Design and implement a change management process that works to eliminate risk at our plants. Ensure all changes are known, appropriate, and tested. Strive for 100% visibility.
- Work with key vendors to create the Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems portfolio of innovation or new projects and engage cross functional stakeholders.
- Establish a strong connection and maintain consistent communication with shop floor team, MES owner, business teams, and broader Controls & Automation teams.
- As a member of the Digital Manufacturing team, you are expected to partner closely with your teammates and other platform owners to deliver successful results for our business partners.
- Participate in all Digital Manufacturing and GIS team meetings and standard processes
- Work closely with the Advanced Manufacturing and Manufacturing OT teams to ensure full visibility and alignment to similar workstreams happening in other parts of the organization.
Automation Project Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Engineering Technology or closely related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in the IT or OT field with concentration around manufacturing applications or solutions development.
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing Controls & OT Systems such as SCADA systems, Automatic Backup Solutions, among other Manufacturing Digital Systems
- Demonstrated experience in small to medium capital project management with a successful track record
- Abie to deal successfully with multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience collaborating in a diverse cultures environment and across international boundaries.
- Self-motivated and driven to learn new technologies – voluntarily initiates and takes lead roles in challenging work without explicit direction.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to convey relevant information clearly with confidence across all levels of an organization.
- Travel 25%.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Hunter International
Get fresh Automation Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.