Pay Rate- $40/hour
• Coordinates multiple engineering disciplines to provide conceptual designs in response to customer needs. Must be able to assess impact of design on cost, schedule, weight, and performance.
• Creates developmental, qualification, and acceptance test plans and procedures and other technical reports. Provides engineering support to component testing, including test supervision, analysis and interpretation of test data; initiates design changes and corrective actions as required.
• Leads design reviews (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, VRR, FDR, etc.) and project status reviews for internal/external customers and management.
• Review and approve engineering documents including mechanical and/or electrical hardware drawings, analysis reports, and other technical documents.
• Coordinate detailed analysis of product design to ensure product integrity and compliance.
• Recommends programmatic decisions on approach to new or modified designs. Collaborates with Program Management to track program progress and coordinate hardware design and development activities.
• Manage customer and internal requirements including risk identification, compliance assessment and verification.
• Responsible for the completion of internal deliverables such as technical concepts, trade studies, and analysis.
• Reviews and analyzes field problems, manufacturing problems, and associated reports.
• Communicates and coordinates with external customers (e.g., airframe manufacturers, government agencies, etc.) in the analysis and resolution of specialized engineering problems. Additional support to Program Management as required.
• Drives continuous improvement efforts within the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution. Masters degree preferred.
• 4 years of mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering experience developing aerospace or automotive components and systems.
• 2 years of project engineering experience.
• Project engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in design and development of aerospace fluid management components (fuel, hydraulic or air) with fuel component experience.
• Knowledge/skills in CAD modeling suing a major software package (e.g., CATIA V5, SolidWorks, ProE, or UG-NX).
• Knowledge of product applications, product design techniques, engineering processes, and engineering standards. The candidate should have the ability to generate technical documents including presentations, procedures, and reports.