Construction Manager / Engineering Project Manager
Greater Boston Area
Construction Manager / Engineering Project Manager will work directly for a specific Program Manager and will manage the development, design and construction of major and minor building renovation projects as required in support of Research and Development business goals and objectives.
Construction Manager / Engineering Project Manager Responsibilities:
· Provide direct project management services on major facilities projects including design, construction and contract administration. Assume responsibility for project execution, including coordination of technical, financial and contracted resources toward achievement of stated goals utilizing company and Facilities Solutions procedures.
· Incorporate supervisory and established project management and technical skills and the ability to communicate, plan, and organize effectively with colleagues, staff, management, architects, engineers, outside contractors and regulatory agencies.
· Manage a variety of projects at one time and bring them to completion on time, under budget, and provide direction towards solutions of technical problems.
· Identify, evaluate, and implement the use of technology and methods to improve Facilities and Operations.
· Encourage and interact with clients, developing new business relationship, goals and objectives.
· Develop project funding strategies and prepare Capital Project Appropriation (CPA requests.).
· Lead design and construction teams that consist of company staff, architects, engineers and construction managers during project scope development, design, construction, commissioning, start-up, and occupancy activities. Perform constructability reviews.
· Assume responsibility for satisfying FS and Leadership and customer expectations through effective design solutions and construction methods on all projects assigned.
· Provide direction to company staff for various facilities/equipment related project issues, including life safety, value management, environmental, risk management, project auditing, health safety, legal and operations maintenance.
· Provide direction required for compliance with State and local Building Codes, Department of Environmental Protection, USDA, FDA and OSHA regulations on construction projects assigned.
· Provide direction for preparation of documents and submission of applications for all building permits required to execute construction for all projects assigned. Correspond with and influence City and State building officials to resolve any zoning, building code and life safety issues.
· Lead the Project Procurement effort. Establish an approved bid list utilizing the approved bidders list, generate proposals, lead the review and evaluation of proposals from design and construction management companies and recommend best qualified company/companies to provide services for projects assigned.
· Develop and manage approved project budgets. Develop monthly cost forecasts incorporating committed, actual, and anticipated costs. Generate all required purchase orders and Statements of Work, utilizing Ariba system. Process them in a timely fashion and ensure complete close-out of all purchase orders, including retainage, all waivers of lien, guarantee and warranty costs.
· Provide direction for scheduling and logistic plans and assume responsibility for the timely and efficient completion (Project Close-out) of projects within Standards and Guidelines for all construction projects assigned. Track and monitor approved schedules, completing monthly updates of all projects.
· Ensure that proper safety plans have been implemented for all projects.
· Compile and present monthly updates to Leadership regarding current cost and schedule forecasts, current project status, highlights, trends and potential problems on assigned projects.
· Oversee construction activity including leading weekly Project Meetings, assuring safety and quality of all work performed, and no impact on Research.
· Assist in conceptually developing projects, including need, ROI, and value management.
· Assist Workplace Strategist with budget and schedule information for project development or inclusion in yearly budgets.
· Develop and recommend long and short-range plans for improving and expanding discovery and develop laboratory facilities, infrastructure facilities and administration and office facilities required for company strategic initiatives.
· Assist/Participate in FS team initiatives – project guidelines, etc.
Construction Manager / Engineering Project Manager Requirements:
· Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
· 8 to 12 years of project engineering and multi-faceted construction experience.
· Ability to supervise and provide direction for project engineering resources.
· 3 years’ experience in a leadership position in an engineering or project management environment.
· Experience working at a pharmaceutical Research site.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Ariba, and Microsoft Project.
Hunter International Recruiting is certified as a women’s business enterprise through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. We recognize the commitment to supplier diversity that is embraced by corporations and government agencies today, and we can add diversity to your supply chain.
Follow us on Twitter: @hirecruiting
Like us on Facebook: Hunter International
Follow us on Instagram: @hunterinternational