Pay Rate: $22-25/hour
Plant Biologist will contribute across multiple platforms to design and implement controlled environment based environmental risk assessment studies to support worldwide registration, commercialization and monitoring of biotechnology derived agricultural products.
Plant Biologist Responsibilities:
· Develop methodology and execute experiments in a controlled environment to meet regulatory and stewardship requirements for future pipeline products.
· Manage, conduct and support controlled environment based studies to assess the environmental risk assessment conducted for biotech plants.
· Execute on detailed and specific study process plans.
· Initiate, conduct, monitor and coordinate quality check activities.
· Coordinate data analysis, interpret results and write reports.
· Commit to ISO quality processes and Good Laboratory Practices.
Plant Biologist Requirements:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience or a Master’s degree in Physical or Biological Sciences (e.g., Plant Physiology, Agronomy, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline).
· Knowledge of experimental design and analysis.
· Experience and formal training in conducting independent and team research.
· Ability to follow detailed and specific study processes and learn/utilize supporting IT systems.
· Formal training in Plant Physiology is preferred.
· Experience with quality management systems (e.g. ISO) good data recording practices or GLP's is preferred.
· Experience with transgenic crops is desired.