Director Information Security
Hunter Gibbons Washington, DC
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is responsible for running the cybersecurity program and implementing new technologies and processes to protect the digital assets of the organization; ensuring the alignment of activities within the established cybersecurity framework as adopted by the organization; and will be responsible for development and adherence to policies that balance cybersecurity and business processes.
- Manage cybersecurity programs
- Implement and maintain cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Conducts network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis using various cybersecurity tools, such as Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, SIEMS, etc.
- Develops and maintains security architecture artifacts (models, templates, standards and procedures) that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations
- Conducts security assessments of internal systems, applications, vendor relationships (in coordination with legal counsel) and IT infrastructure as part of the overall risk management practice of the organization
- Provide primary escalation point for other information system groups
- Develop and maintain system metrics
- Work with business units to perform risk assessments and develop risk mitigation processes
- Hire, train, develop, performance management, and crisis/incident support of team members. •
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide timely and actionable threat intelligence in line with the business objectives
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- 8+ years in progressive cybersecurity positions
- 5+ years of experience in information security, especially on a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC) or a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- 3+years of experience with cybersecurity management frameworks, especially NIST CSF 1.1 and NIST 800
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking, willingness to challenge status quo. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management and hands on implementation skills
- Advanced written and oral communications, self-motivator. Team player and independent worker, highly adaptive.
- Experience responding to and taking a leadership role in information security incidents
- In-depth knowledge of information security protection/detection and authentication systems (firewalls, IDS, IPS, anti-virus, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of commonly accepted information security principles and practices, as well as techniques attackers would use to identify vulnerabilities, gain unauthorized access, escalate privilege, and access restricted information.
- Experience in cloud-based systems security
- Knowledge of current operating environments (Microsoft, Linux).
- Understanding and experience in deployment and management of security systems including NAC, SIEM, EDR, Firewalls, E-Mail Protection, and others
TechnologyView all jobs at Hunter Gibbons