*** $2,500 sign-on bonus, OTR Team and Single Driver for dedicated lanes***
To be successful as an OTR Driver, you should be knowledgeable of road safety regulations and able to maintain concentration for extended periods. Ultimately, an outstanding OTR Driver should demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills as well as adhere to all company policies and procedures.
OTR Driver Responsibilities:
- Safely transporting freight between various locations over long distances.
- Performing truck inspections before and after each trip to ensure that all mechanical systems are in good working order.
- Carefully planning routes to ensure that deliveries are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the company truck, which includes washing and cleaning it, changing oil and water, monitoring tire pressure, and performing minor repairs as needed.
- Maintaining a logbook detailing the hours traveled, rest periods, miles covered, as well as all fuel, repair, and toll expenses.
- Promptly reporting any traffic violations, road accidents, and vehicle breakdowns to management.
- Notifying the dispatcher and customer of any delay that may affect scheduled delivery times.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of freight into and off the company truck.
OTR Driver Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- A clean driving record.
- Proven experience working as an OTR Driver or Truck Driver for 2 years.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to use road maps and GPS devices.
- The ability to work long hours.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
Hunter Express US, Inc.
Why Work Here?
GREAT pay, consistent work, and home every day.