Pharmacy Technician-Fill Tech
- Posted: over a month ago
Hunter's Precision Pharmacy is a closed door pharmacy, specializing in Mental Health. Hunter's Precision Pharmacy provides prescriptions and other services for our clients all over the state of Oklahoma. Prescription services are provided for Community Mental Health Centers, Mental Health Treatment Services and Mental Health Residential Care Facilities. Independently owned and operated. Established in 2006.
The Fill Tech duties will focus on filling prescriptions. The Fill Tech will prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist. Other duties will include measuring, mixing, counting, labeling, recording amounts and dosages of medications. When appropriate or as needed, the Fill Tech may be asked to perform the duties of a Data Entry Pharmacy Technician.
Shift and Hours
- Full Time
- Monday thru Friday
- 9am – 6pm
- Schedules, including the days of weeks, are subject to change upon shift or customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately fill bottles / bubble cards with prescribed medications and affix labels.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, report any discrepancies immediately to the pharmacist.
- Inform Pharmacist or supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
- Supply and monitor robotic machines that dispense medicine into containers and label the containers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible.
- Must possess good mathematical skills. Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, this may include using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must possess good time management skills.
- Able to follow written and oral instructions efficiently and effectively.
- Be familiar with brand/generic drug names and general pharmacy terminology.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy Technician Permit without disciplinary restrictions.
- Experience in currently used pharmacy computer software.
- Must complete required Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy training according to the standards of the board.
- Must complete any other job-related training that may occur.
- Must complete annual HIPPA training.
- Technician must abide by all state and federal laws regarding the appropriate labeling and dispensing of prescription medications.
- Must know, understand and follow HIPPA regulations.
- 1+ years’ experience as Data Entry or Fill Tech in a retail / Long Term Care pharmacy setting preferred.
- Ability to work agreed upon schedule.
- Must be punctual and dependable for assigned shifts.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Pick up and pinch small tablets with fingers, seize, hold, grasp or turn objects with hands.
- See objects at close vision and able to identify and distinguish colors.
Conditions of Employment
- Contingent upon a favorable pre-employment background check.
- Contingent on passing a pre-employment drug screening and COVID test.
- *If COVID test is positive start date will be determined based on negative test. A positive COVID test does not disqualify your employment with the company.
- Contingent upon a favorable driving record check (if travel is required) as per insurance company regulations
- Maintain a valid driver’s license (if travel is required)
This position frequently involves a fast work pace in a closed-door pharmacy setting. Must be able to handle multiple tasks (filling scripts, answering telephones, putting up inventory, etc.) daily.
Hunter Care Health
AddressOklahoma City, OK
HealthcareView all jobs at Hunter Care Health