Equipment Operator (Transmission & Distribution)
- Posted: 5 days ago
Hunt Electric, Inc. of Salt Lake City, UT is searching for a full-time Equipment Operator for our Transmission and Distribution Department to join our team. Can you handle the transportation and operation of a variety of electric industry construction equipment and machinery? Can you adapt to changing codes, regulations, and safety requirements? Do you enjoy supporting the construction and maintenance of power transmission, distribution, and Substation systems? Are you able to read, interpret, and understand electrical plans, complex circuit schematics, and blueprints? If so, keep on reading!
Hunt Electric, Inc. is looking for a full-time experienced and self-motivated construction equipment operator within our High Voltage Transmission and Distribution team, supporting construction and maintenance of power transmission, distribution, and Substation systems. The qualified individual will be handling the transportation and operation of a variety of electric industry construction equipment and machinery, and other equipment related to electrical transmission and distribution systems.
- Under the direct supervision of an Operations Manager, General Foreman, Foreman, Leadman, performs journeyman level operating, transporting, and handling of Hunt Electric construction equipment and materials.
- Responsible for assisting with the work on Hunt Electric construction and maintenance projects in compliance with shop drawings, specifications, and Hunt Electric safety standards
- Assists with restoring all disturbed surfaces, such as concrete and bituminous pavement, removes and restores shrubbery incident to excavation activities and performs other landscaping duties as necessary.
- Familiar with proper use of tools or work equipment, including rigging, digging, plowing or trenching equipment. Sees that all tools or work equipment are in good working order and are properly used, maintained, and stored. Reports defective tools or equipment in order that they may be replaced or repaired.
- Operates equipment and vehicles related to power line maintenance and construction such as pickups, line trucks, man lifts, pole hole diggers, cranes, excavators, back hoes, trenchers, winches, compactors, pullers, tensioners, and utilizes all appropriate company safety equipment.
- Assists journeyman linemen as required.
This full-time Equipment Operator position receives a competitive salary commensurate with experience and position responsibilities. As a full-time Equipment Operator, you would also be eligible for an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid personal time (PTO). If this sounds like the career opportunity that you’ve been looking for, apply today!
- Must possess a valid, Class A Utah Commercial Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Must have a working knowledge of vehicles and equipment and all safe digging and operating skills.
- Must have experience with the operation of excavators, loaders, and digger derricks.
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience as a backhoe and excavator operator.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent, or higher level of education.
- Must possess a current First Aid/CPR card within six (6) weeks from the date of hire.
- Most activities occur outside. Work occurs in an environment subject to: extreme cold, noise, vibration, and electro-magnetic fields. Hazards include working near and around moving mechanical parts, electrical current, high voltage, ditches, and potential exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and/or poor ventilation.
- Must be willing to travel to jobs out of town and stay for extended periods of time.
- Willing to read schematics and layout jobs to complete underground work before line crew shows up to install wire.
- Lead team of workers to take on some of the larger underground work required with customers.
ABOUT HUNT ELECTRIC, INC.
Hunt Electric, Inc. is a full-service electrical, technology, and infrastructure contractor with wide-reaching services available to all types of markets. With licenses in eight states and offices in Salt Lake City, St. George, and Denver, we have continued to lead the industry across the Inter-mountain West since 1986. Our turn-key services range from design-build engineering to construction and maintenance. With eight in-house divisions, an on-site prefabrication department, in-house licensed engineers, a fully trained and specialized workforce, and 24-hour on-call service, Hunt Electric ensures our clients’ projects are successful from start to finish – and beyond.
As a thriving Utah-based business, we’re looking for enthusiastic, positive people to come on board with us and build successful, long-term careers. We believe in making an investment in each employee’s strengths. Hunt Electric is a place where you will learn, grow, contribute, and lead. That’s why we offer competitive pay and fantastic benefits. If this sounds like the career opportunity you've been looking for, apply today!
Are you able to work independently with minimal supervision? Can you clearly communicate technical information both verbally and in writing? Do you put safety first? If yes, apply now!
This is a full-time position with a typical working schedule of Monday - Thursday, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, Friday, 7:00 - 1:00pm
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you believe that you’re a good fit for this position, please fill out our application today. We look forward to meeting you.
AddressWest Valley City, UT
ConstructionView all jobs at Hunt Electric
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?