Electrical Project Manager (Industrial)
- Posted: 5 days ago
Position Title: Industrial Project Manager
Work Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Hunt Electric, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an Electrical Project Manager position in our Industrial Division. The qualified candidate will oversee the installation from bidding the job to the final construction. The position requires a high level of electrical construction experience, and customer service to build and maintain relationships. Experience with industrial projects (mining, manufacturing, power production, and oil & gas) and an electrical background is preferred.
This full-time Electrical Project Manager position receives a competitive salary commensurate with experience and position responsibilities. As a full-time Electrical Project Manager, you would also be eligible for an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid personal time (PTO). If this sounds like the career opportunity that you’ve been looking for, apply today!
- Bid and prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare and oversee preconstruction budgets and schedules.
- Process contract drawings and specifications and ensure that the project is in accordance with these documents.
- Process and manage change orders.
- Prepare billings and ensure timely payment of billings.
- Monitor project’s material and labor costs and ensure accurate quality reporting is being conducted.
- Read, interpret, analyze and forecast a project’s cost report and determine the status of the job in terms of schedule and cost.
- Be aware of unit costs and monitor and compare daily progress on site with that of the project’s estimate.
- Conduct project coordination meetings.
- Coordinate, manage, and communicate with pertinent end users, general contractors, vendors and effectively deal with opportunities such as delivery, labor, schedule and payment disputes.
- Ensure that the project is in a positive cash flow position and review project manager reports accurately and timely with Hunt Electric leadership.
- Manage overall client relationships during the course of the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five plus years of electrical construction, design, finance, and two years’ experience/knowledge of electrical project management experience required.
- A licensed electrician and/or an extensive industrial electrical background is required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.) skills are essential.
- Proficiency in department’s computer system, department software, and typing necessary.
- MSHA certified.
- Experience managing projects both in the field and from an office project management setting.
- Experience with Accubid, MS Projects, and Blue Beam Preferred.
- Capable of managing multiple high-revenue projects.
- Design-Build Experience is preferred.
- Bachelors Degree
ABOUT HUNT ELECTRIC, INC.
Hunt Electric, Inc. is a full-service electrical, technology, and infrastructure contractor with wide-reaching services available to all types of markets. With licenses in eight states and offices in Salt Lake City, St. George, and Denver, we have continued to lead the industry across the Inter-mountain West since 1986. Our turn-key services range from design-build engineering to construction and maintenance. With eight in-house divisions, an on-site prefabrication department, in-house licensed engineers, a fully trained and specialized workforce, and 24-hour on-call service, Hunt Electric ensures our clients’ projects are successful from start to finish – and beyond.
As a thriving Utah-based business, we’re looking for enthusiastic, positive people to come on board with us and build successful, long-term careers. We believe in making an investment in each employee’s strengths. Hunt Electric is a place where you will learn, grow, contribute, and lead. That’s why we offer competitive pay and fantastic benefits. If this sounds like the career opportunity you've been looking for, apply today!
Are you able to work independently with minimal supervision? Do you work well under pressure? Can you clearly communicate technical information both verbally and in writing? If yes, apply now!
This is a full-time position with a typical working schedule of Monday - Thursday, 7:00 am - 4:00 pm, Friday, 7:00 am – 2:00 pm.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you believe that you’re a good fit for this position, please fill out our application today. We look forward to meeting you.
AddressWest Valley City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Hunt Electric
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?