Essential Job Duties:
- Generate accurate purchase orders for procurement of materials and parts, as well as vendor services as applicable, in accordance with company guidelines and operating systems via requests generated by supervisors or other electronic recording submissions.
- Review purchase orders and related paperwork verifying accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure purchasing of materials is accomplished in a timely manner keeping special order materials and services to a minimum.
- Process vendor invoices for payments in a timely manner, ensuring correct general ledger accounts are applied for accurate budget allocation.
- Follow all Purchasing Card procedures for ordering material not maintained within the purchasing operating system.
- Provide reporting on purchasing activity on an established periodic basis or as requested by managers.
- Support and ensure timely input, proper use, and full utilization of site property management software systems as it relates to purchasing and supply activities.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance parts, materials, appliances, furniture, tools, equipment, and custodial supplies.
- Maintain inventory and stock control utilizing min/max levels.
- Maintain all applicable Safety Data Sheets and specific operating manuals for equipment used and maintained on site.
- Utilize inventory control operating system to document and track movement of inventory from receipt, to warehouse stock location, to technician van and ultimately to the assigned home asset.
- Conduct physical inventory counts in accordance with policy and as directed by site management. Counts will be conducted on warehouse stock, maintenance vehicles and satellite warehouse locations where applicable.
- Maintain all inventory forms and tools logs for inventory, tools and equipment removed from warehouse.
- Maintain documented equipment safety checks of power tools and equipment maintained within the warehouse.
- Document all capital materials removed from the warehouse and ensures all capital items have documented disposition forms showing product location and receive Community Director approval before discarding or salvaging.
- Suggest inventory volume adjustments to MD or supervisor when necessary to ensure all maintenance repairs can be completed utilizing product usage and trend reports.
- Responsible for maintaining and operating the Self-Help program (property specific).
- Ensure all equipment loaned to residents through self-help is in safe operating condition.
- Act in a professional, courteous and respectful manner at all times when assisting residents.
- Assist with training new employees as well as with ongoing training of employees on the use of procurement software, processes and procedures.
- Keep current on communication received from management on company policies and regulatory compliance, and performs duties based on those requirements.
- Upkeep all forms, records, and suggests revisions to documents as needed.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules.
- Actively identify opportunities for more efficient practices.
- Escalate property issues or any crises to appropriate parties.
- Assist all members of the management team in the coordination of special projects.
- Maintain manual dexterity and coordination needed to operate equipment, which may include forklift operation and /or company vehicles for pick up/delivery of materials.
- Perform additional duties as assigned which may include light duty maintenance repairs of warehouse tools/equipment and other warehouse items, vehicle/fleet administrative assistance and other support.
- Follow all OSHA regulations, safety, and environmental procedures.
- Maintain a safe and clean work place.
- Uphold all company policies, goals, values and mission.
- Represent the community in a professional manner at all times-on and off the property.
- Performer other duties and projects as assigned.
High School diploma (or equivalent) required.
Experience and Qualifications
- One to three years of experience in procurement, warehousing, receiving, inventory control or materials management in a construction, maintenance or manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization as well as working with the military community and the military command.
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to obtain necessary certifications (OSHA).
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are standard business hours Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and/or in support of weekend operations.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.