Essential Job Functions
- Review and supervise the performance of each property by conducting site visits and financial analysis as needed. Provides feedback on how to maximize value of each property
- Work with joint venture partners and/or property management company to execute an overall business plan for each property
- Monitor and review development of tenant improvements and various capital projects
- Negotiate letters of intent and leases for both office and retail
- Work with analysts in preparation of discounted cash flows via Argus to determine value of leases and impact on overall value
- Negotiate term sheets, loan agreements, refinances and extensions with Lenders
- Understand and enforce JV and Property Management agreements
- Direct timing and preparation of annual budgets and business plans in accordance with and in the form required by the Owner and/or the Fund Documents.
- Ensure comprehensive understanding of asset-specific market dynamics and asset positioning in both Retail and Office property types
- Assists in resolving ownership issues by providing analysis and supporting documentation and works with consultants in resolving project issues
- Analyze and opine on new transactions; perform “Hold/Sell” analysis on existing assets
- Collects data and creates reports on information pertaining to real estate investments, the economy, real estate values, and other matters
- Engage and review property appraisals as necessary; complete internal valuations for submission to quarterly valuation committee
- Performs variance analysis of project performance against budget; evaluates variances and investigates solutions to emerging operating issues. Reviews leasing activity and makes appropriate pricing recommendations.
- Reviews the appropriateness of ad valorem and personal property taxes, improvement assessments, engage and work with local tax consultants and appeals
- Assists the acquisitions group by providing analysis including the local market, operating expenses, rental income, occupancy and lease-up; assists owner with thorough due diligence and acquisition stages as requested.
- Attends to legal matters relating to the Project by retaining appropriate counsel. Provide the Owner and Hunt in-house counsel with timely reports covering all such legal actions
- Review adequacy and sufficiency of all forms of insurance required by law, lender or reasonably deemed necessary or needed to adequately protect Owner. Manages insurance losses, claims and project restoration efforts, in conjunction with property management and Hunt internal risk management.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Finance, Business or Real Estate or related field required. Advanced degree desirable.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of ten years of Commercial Real Estate Asset centralized in Retail and Office property types; Multi-Family and/or Land Development a plus
- Experience in a leadership role managing property level employees, Management Companies and Joint Venture Partners
- Excellent analytical and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of property underwriting and appraisal techniques, as well as thorough knowledge of legal documents
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process management and people management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Argus
Requires a self-motivated, team player who pays close attention to detail and must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment and effectively manage a high-volume case load. Ability to work independently but also thrive in a dynamic and team-oriented environment. Results-oriented with strong project management and execution skills. Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with ability to sustain strong relationships with clients, peers, and business partners. Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organization and industry professionals. Think critically while balancing business goals with prudent risk management.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Hunt Companies, Inc
Why Work Here?Hunt employs over 1,500 direct employees among 46 offices nationwide. Hunt Companies’ broader platform (including affiliates) employs over 6,000 additional employees across 80 offices in the United States. In addition to tremendous opportunities for growth and development in your chosen career path, you will also gain invaluable experience working with one of the premier real estate services companies in the United States. As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Positive Work Environment!