Directly responsible for the administration of the Hunt Military Communities (HMC) Military Housing Quality Assurance Plan including providing quality oversight of all operational administrative and maintenance procedures utilized in the entire organization. Monitors all operational procedures ensuring quality services provided to the residents as well as established work standards meet applicable contractual, State, Federal, Military Housing Project and Company standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct supervision of Quality Assurance Specialists responsible for conducting daily resident move-in/out, pre-inspections, Change of Occupancy (COO) inspections, property inspections, as well as weekly random inspections/quality control checks on work orders assuring that quality of service standards are met.
- Assists the environmental and safety department when required.
- Assures that the Specialists assign accurate and consistent charges to residents in accordance with established charge sheets and ensures that charges are collected from the resident prior to final move out.
- Responsible for completing detailed and accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and periodic reporting that is required per the project’s Quality Assurance (QA) Plan.
- Ensures all military housing privatization program requirements are monitored regularly and the community is in full compliance in accordance with the established QA Plan tenets and/or any other governing agreements including Military Housing Operations and Management Plans.
- Investigates resident complaints that are escalated by the Community Director, Maintenance Director and/or Assistant Director of Operations and summarizes findings and recommends corrective actions/solutions to the Director of Operations.
- Works directly with residents on charge disputes for a solution and final decision.
- Performs follow up inspections on negative reports to ensure recommended corrective actions were implemented.
- Represent the operations from a total quality management perspective and assists management with certain corporate initiatives that affect the property, including assisting management with analysis as needed in-order to identify opportunities for efficiencies to promote the Total Quality Management continuous improvement program to achieve optimum operational, financial, and business performances.
- Evaluates outside vendors and subcontractors contracted to perform routine or scheduled preventative maintenance work as well as other services in coordination with the Construction Management Department to ensure they are incompliance with Quality Assurance Plan and procedures.
- Assures that the quality of their materials and services meet contract requirements and subcontractors have the appropriate training/certifications, capacity, and equipment to perform to the contract specifications.
- Responsible for random worksite audits and inspections to assure that Operational Associates as well as outside vendors/contractors are performing work in a quality and safe manner. Has the authority to stop work if unsafe performance, tools, equipment, or any unsafe contract-related conditions exist and will coordinate with Director of Operations and the Department Manager to address issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Actively identify opportunities for more efficient practices.
- Uphold all company policies, goals, and values. Represent the community in a professional manner at all times-on and off the property.
- Escalate property issues or any crises to appropriate parties.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Community Director – Reports to, receives direction, guidance and coaching, and obtain/exchange information.
Leadership – HMHSS, and other Hunt entities. Obtain/exchange information.
Customers including residents, vendors, board members and committee members.
Work with assigned budgets.
Direct supervision of Quality Assurance Specialists. Supervision includes hiring, training, performance management and, firing of direct reports.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, technical discipline, or equivalent technical experience.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, technical discipline, or equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum three - five years’ experience in a quality manager role and two years previous property leasing experience or applicable skills.
- Minimum of one to two year’s previous experience managing others.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization as well as working with the military community and the military command.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Requires a reliable, self-motivated, team player who pays close attention detail, demonstrates strong communication, client management and business literacy skills. Demonstrates discretion and ability to maintain a professional attitude and appearance. Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues. Takes initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.