The Porter is responsible for assisting in all phases of grounds and property maintenance and appearance, and must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings.
- Remove trash from office areas and property area on daily basis and replace outside light bulbs as needed.
- Maintain fences and gates.
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including trash removal from vacant homes prior to make-ready.
- Power-washing of exterior structures (homes, community centers, offices, etc.), as well as pavements.
- Assists managers with assigned maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
- Assist in the cleaning of available units, to include carpet cleaning (where applicable).
- Assist maintenance team with snow removal (If applicable).
- Meticulously maintain curb appeal, to include but not limited to removal of bulk trash items, litter, cardboard boxes, newspapers, phone books and other discarded materials.
- Routine inspection of playgrounds, picnic pavilions, BBQs, and other outdoor community amenities. Remove rubbish, coals, trash, and all items that do not belong.
- Paint/preserve playgrounds and other outdoor amenities as well as make repairs to playground equipment and fall protection (poured in place rubber services or other).
- General painting as assigned
- Uphold all company polices, goals and values.
- Represent property in a professional manner at all times whether on or off property.
- Deliver communication documentation to residents.
- Contribute to resident retention programs.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner. Immediately report all unsafe conditions to direct supervisor.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- May be asked to perform other related duties as needed.
- Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
- Performs "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments daily. Removes all abandoned furniture, trash, and boxes. Transfers to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
- Transfers trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick-up and sweep area.
- Details Community on a regular basis. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
Experience and Qualifications
- One to two years’ previous work experience required.
- Perform work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 45 pounds regularly.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize in a fast-moving environment. Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.