The Porter is responsible for assisting in all phases of grounds and property maintenance and appearance, and must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings.
- Remove trash from office areas and property area on daily basis and replace outside light bulbs as needed.
- Maintain fences and gates.
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including trash removal from vacant homes prior to make-ready.
- Power washing of exterior structures (homes, community centers, offices, etc.), as well as pavements.
- Assists managers with assigned maintenance tasks (i.e. replacement and removal of appliances, water heaters, and other heavy items) in a timely manner.
- Assist in the cleaning of available units, to include carpet cleaning (where applicable).
- Assist maintenance team with snow removal (If applicable).
- Meticulously maintain curb appeal, to include but not limited to removal of bulk trash items, litter, cardboard boxes, newspapers, phone books and other discarded materials.
- Routine inspection of playgrounds, picnic pavilions, BBQs, and other outdoor community amenities. Remove rubbish, coals, trash, and all items that do not belong.
- Paint/preserve playgrounds and other outdoor amenities as well as make repairs to playground equipment and fall protection (poured in place rubber services or other).
- General painting as assigned
- Represent property in a professional manner at all times whether on or off property.
- Deliver communication documentation to residents.
- Contribute to resident retention programs.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner. Immediately report all unsafe conditions to direct supervisor.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
- Performs "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments daily. Removes all abandoned furniture, trash, and boxes. Transfers to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
- Transfers trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick-up and sweep area.
- Details Community on a regular basis. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clean of loose grass and brush.
- Uphold all company polices, goals and values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- One to two years’ previous work experience required.
- Perform work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Hunt Companies, Inc
Why Work Here?Hunt employs over 1,500 direct employees among 46 offices nationwide. Hunt Companies’ broader platform (including affiliates) employs over 6,000 additional employees across 80 offices in the United States. In addition to tremendous opportunities for growth and development in your chosen career path, you will also gain invaluable experience working with one of the premier real estate services companies in the United States. As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Positive Work Environment!