Essential Job Functions
- Respond to service requests regarding furnaces, air-conditioning systems, appliances, water heaters and solar collection, disposals, general plumbing, carpentry, painting, and other required maintenance items, as may be required.
- Performs skilled work in one or more trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair or locksmith requiring advanced knowledge and skills and advanced troubleshooting abilities.
- Maintain equipment such as tools, gauges, Freon recovery systems, snakes, drills, etc., in ready repair and demonstrate a safe/proficient operational knowledge of tools.
- Understand the proper use of equipment and chemicals and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Follow and adhere to an established preventive maintenance program for all heating and ventilation systems and perform the required maintenance including replacement of filters, etc.
- Assist in the make ready of vacated units including, but not limited to, painting, sanding, and varnishing, floor tile removal and replacement, ceramic tile replacement, dry wall repair, fixture repair and/or replacement, floor stripping, waxing, and polishing, window repair and/or replacement, etc., as will from time to time be required. Similar work as described above may also be required on the exterior of the home to make ready.
- Perform emergency maintenance as required including sewage back-ups, water main and/or lateral breaks (dig to expose line, repair, and replace soil as needed), fires, other types of water leaks, appliance repairs, etc.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Reliable and dependable attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
High school diploma (or equivalent) with advanced training resulting in a certification or a degree/journeyman license in building maintenance, or one or more skilled trades or other related subject; or an acceptable amount of on-the-job experience in building maintenance or one of the skilled trades.
Experience and Qualifications
- Have strong knowledge of Building Maintenance and have specialized knowledge in one or more of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, or locksmith.
- Three or more years’ experience in residential maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds regularly and above 50 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- EPA certification required. If not obtained at time of hire, must be able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
Requires a team player who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize in a fast-moving environment. Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of different people in a variety of situations.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Will be required to be on-call for after-hours emergency maintenance on a rotating basis.
Majority of the tasks associated with this position will be performed indoors; however, some duties will require the ability to function outdoors with exposure to seasonal weather conditions for short periods of time. May have exposure to potential safety hazards.
As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Hunt Companies, Inc
Why Work Here?Hunt employs over 1,500 direct employees among 46 offices nationwide. Hunt Companies’ broader platform (including affiliates) employs over 6,000 additional employees across 80 offices in the United States. In addition to tremendous opportunities for growth and development in your chosen career path, you will also gain invaluable experience working with one of the premier real estate services companies in the United States. As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Positive Work Environment!