The Maintenance Technician I will provide general maintenance to housing being rented to families. This position may also perform work to get rental unit ready during change of occupancy. As Maintenance Technician, you will be a valuable member of the maintenance team. You will be responsible for checking, troubleshooting, and making routine repairs in the following areas: air conditioning, water heaters, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and other building maintenance areas. Maintenance Technician I personnel will frequently work outdoors in all weather conditions, as well as in attics, crawl spaces and other tight spaces depending on the maintenance requirement.
High school diploma (or equivalent) with training and or experience in the building maintenance trades.
Experience and Qualifications
- Have general knowledge of the maintenance trades such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- One to three years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights over 50 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- EPA certification required. If not obtained at time of hire, must be able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application processs, you may contact us at 915-533-1122 and ask to speak to a human resources representative or email email@example.com.