Essential Job Functions
- Schedule, train, daily supervision, and evaluate all subordinate maintenance personnel.
- Prioritize work orders, and follow up on assignments to ensure completion.
- Establish emergency on-call procedures.
- Responsible for all company owned equipment and small tools.
- Supervise the make ready of vacated units.
- Make regular inspections of the property.
- Establish preventive maintenance procedures.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and order all parts and supplies.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist the Community Director in performing annual / semi-annual unit inspections.
- Assist in all aspects of the project’s maintenance, including grounds, custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred, and emergency.
- Assist Maintenance Director as requested.
- Contribute to resident retention programs.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (or equivalent)/ advanced training or degree in building maintenance, management, construction, skilled trades or other related subject preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma required.
- Have knowledge of the following trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and general building maintenance and 5 or more years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Perform work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds regularly and above 50 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts as needed.
- Previous experience managing other highly desirable.
- HVAC/EPA certification required.
- OSHA 10 certification required.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who pays close attention to detail and who can prioritize in a fast-moving environment. Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of different people in a variety of situations.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are standard business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. May be required to be on-call for after-hours emergency maintenance.
As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.