The Leasing Specialist has the primary responsibility of coordinating all requests from military families with the property management team. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting in the daily leasing functions of the PPV housing office including, but not limited to, leasing homes to prospective clients, qualifying applicants, executing leases, maintaining resident files, monitoring Government compliance issues, assisting in the implementation of social programs and supportive services, meeting with resident groups, and otherwise assisting the Community Director and Community Manager in ensuring compliance with all Hunt Military Communities policies and Government compliance requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates all requests from military families with the property management team.
- Perform all leasing functions including showing of vacant units, and timely execution of leases and renewals.
- Qualify applicants in accordance with Government compliance requirements.
- Coordinates move-in dates and pre-move-in inspections with the incoming military families.
- Coordinate move-outs, pre-inspection, and final inspection for outgoing military families, to include calculating the charge for any damages to be billed to the resident, and delivery of the final utility bill (where applicable).
- Receives and records service requests and disburses them to the appropriate maintenance director/assistant maintenance director (where applicable).
- Ensure that resident file jackets and maintenance file jackets (if applicable) are properly maintained.
- Perform routine market analysis reports.
- Prepare and recommend advertising and marketing strategies as deemed appropriate.
- Assist the Community Director and/or Community Manager in ensuring that the property follows the requirements and procedures identified in the property legal documents.
- Assist in the organization and scheduling social events, educational classes, physical activities, and family functions for the community residents, which may result in working flexible hours.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong customer service skills.
- Previous Leasing Experience preferred but not required.
- Experience working with computers and typical office software such as Email, Word, Excel, and internet browsers.
- The ability to show houses which may include working in all types of weather conditions.
- Previous experience in sales preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling highly confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to communicate clearly and professionally with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A high degree of professionalism and a strong work ethic coupled with a sense of responsibility and integrity required.
- Ability to resolve problems independently and responsibility.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are standard business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Hunt Companies, Inc
Why Work Here?Hunt employs over 1,500 direct employees among 46 offices nationwide. Hunt Companies’ broader platform (including affiliates) employs over 6,000 additional employees across 80 offices in the United States. In addition to tremendous opportunities for growth and development in your chosen career path, you will also gain invaluable experience working with one of the premier real estate services companies in the United States. As a family-owned company, we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset. We’re proud of our reputation for strong human capital, and remain dedicated to providing our employees with essential tools to foster both personal and professional growth. And, while we are committed to offering competitive salaries and a strong benefits package, we understand the important role company culture plays in employee longevity—and work tirelessly to promote a healthy working environment for our entire corporate family.
Positive Work Environment!