The Assistant Development Manager (ADM) is a project team member who reports to the Senior Vice President and who oversees approved development and construction projects, executes milestone deliverables, manages cost and schedules, while ensuring contract compliance.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates and administers timelines, budgets, and resource plans necessary to execute documented project deliverables.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains effective communications with the internal and external program stakeholders of product/project status.
- Supports project planning, scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and controls.
- Communicates with high-level contacts and industry professionals of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
- Establishes and maintains transparency of project activities and status through the creation and maintenance of key project documentation and performance tracking. Identifies risks and makes recommendations where applicable.
- Collects, analyzes, and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings with executive staff and outside individuals.
- Drafts and prepares materials, documents and presentations for meetings, events, and conferences.
- Structures and drafts documents, letters, and internal/external communications, which include bid documents, requests for proposal responses and provides cost estimates.
- In partnership with senior leaders, will work on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Provides detailed and ad-hoc reporting (i.e.-cost/schedule performance reporting) including variance analysis and report validation.
- Monitors the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and coordinates regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Performs internet real estate related research and communicates results.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
B.S. or B.A. degree in business management, administration, accounting/finance, communications, or another related field required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Three to five years’ experience in a real estate related field preferred.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast- paced job.
- Effective multi-tasking ability, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.
- Must be able to maintain good relationships with department, peers, subcontractors, vendors, and owners.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities from various constituents with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A high degree of professionalism and a strong work ethic coupled with a sense of responsibility and integrity required.
- Ability to resolve problems independently and work with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility with attention to detail.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Requires a self-motivated, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals.