Hunger Solutions New York is a statewide nonprofit organization that strives to alleviate hunger in New York State by raising awareness of, and facilitating participation in, federal nutrition assistance programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly the Food Stamp Program), WIC, the Summer Food Service Program, and the School Breakfast Program.
Hunger Solutions New York has created an online SNAP prescreening tool that is available to the public. The SNAP prescreening tool is promoted through paid social media messages throughout New York State. Individuals use the SNAP prescreening tool to learn if they may be eligible for SNAP benefits. The Client Services Associate helps people who complete the SNAP Prescreening Tool to apply for SNAP benefits.
The Client Services Associate will provide superior client assistance via phone and email in Spanish and English. The Client Services Associate screens applicants for SNAP eligibility, provides application assistance to those who may be eligible and information about food resources in their area. The Client Services Associate is responsible for collecting and managing a high volume of client information in an Access database. The Client Services Associate will monitor and recommend improvements to the online prescreening tool as well as assist in completing monthly and quarterly progress reports.
Please note that at this time, the work schedule involves a combination of in-office and remote work, which may change as the COVID-19 situation evolves.
· Manage large number of inbound and outbound calls and emails with potential SNAP applicants in a timely manner
· Prescreen applicants for potential eligibility for SNAP
· Assist people over the phone or via email with the SNAP application process (i.e. what to expect, different application options, and identifying what documents applicants will need for the application process)
· Provide accurate and up-to-date information about SNAP
· Assist clients to complete and submit the SNAP application on their own
· Complete and submit SNAP applications on behalf of the client
· Refer people who need immediate food assistance to resources in their area
· Mail/email SNAP application and information packets to potentially eligible individuals
· Conduct follow-up contact with those assisted and help troubleshoot any difficulties encountered
· Update the Access database with all client interactions
· Assist with monthly and quarterly reports as necessary
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge / skills / abilities / experience
· Bilingual English and Spanish required
· Associate degree or 3 years of relevant work experience required
· At least 1 year of direct client service in a human service field required
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Access, Outlook, Word, Excel required, and can easily adapt to using and learning new technologies
· Call-center or customer service representative (phone) experience preferred
· Experience working with social benefits programs/SNAP preferred
· Ability to effectively translate complex information to clients
· Ability to use professional discretion and judgement
· Ability to remain professional in stressful situations
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide clear and concise instructions
· Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
· Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and manage time effectively
· Ability to work a flexible schedule preferred
Salary of mid-$30K commensurate with experience. Benefits include fully paid, health, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance premiums. Retirement plan that is matched by the organization. Other options available. Casual, professional, flexible work environment.
To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Jobs@HungerSolutionsNY.org. Please include “Client Services Associate” in the Subject Line of your email.
Valid and unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Hunger Solutions New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit www.HungerSolutionsNY.org to learn more about the organization.
Hunger Solutions New York, Inc.
Why Work Here?Hunger Solutions New York, incorporated in 1989, is a statewide nonprofit organization that strives to alleviate hunger in New York State by promoting awareness of hunger, public policies that contribute to ending hunger, and participation in federal nutrition assistance programs, such as SNAP, WIC, the Summer Food Service Program, the School Breakfast Program, and the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
Fully paid benefits premiums (health, dental, life, short and long-term disability, retirement), casual & flexible work environment